Foosball.com Forums

Learning / Making Strides Thread......

Learning / Making Strides Thread......
« on: January 24, 2008, 12:56:55 AM »
Anyone else out there that is just learning and happens to practice new stuff on the daily, post here. i recently have been winning games and competing at a high level against the best guy i can find. outside of tournys. i feel real good about my play right now. i will def let everyone know when i play my first tourny. as of now, im lovin' foosball more than ever

Re: Learning / Making Strides Thread......
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 08:28:21 AM »
How is your passing game coming? Don't forget to practice passing,,, 8)

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:40 AM »
i dominated everyone I knew and never lost......then i went to a tourney and was shocked at the levels of play......the best thing to have is humility and you have to be prepared to get an ass whipping...just know the better competition you play and challenge yourself against the better off you will be....

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »
yeah, i def dont practice passing enough. good point, do you know any good passing drills?
i know it to be fact that i will get regulated on @ tourny's for a long time. which is fine with me. i dont even know if i will like playin tourny's. i think im gonna try it for the experience more than anything.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 02:04:07 PM »
http://foosworld.com/forum/blogs/strategy/archive/1995/05/20/11622.aspx

it has a lot of blogs to check out....some really good stuff on passing and drills
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 02:14:11 PM by chance37 »

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 08:22:27 PM »
The reason I said that was I felt just like you and went to the Super Singles tournament in Minneapolis, 1977. Buddy, I got schooled real good. It doesn't matter what you got up front if you can't get it there. Don't try to learn every pass on the 5 at first, just  go with a simple but effective "either or" to start and get good at it, use the one that's comfortable for you. I would suggest working the wall and the tweener then go to the third opening when you get comfortable. I always liked the back angle next to the wall. These Tornados sure make the tic tacking easy as compared to other tables but the back angles are a little tougher.