Foosball.com Forums

backpinners rejoice

backpinners rejoice
« on: June 27, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
Backpinner Bill Ray of Chicago is playing on live stream on the Fireball at netfoos

Re: backpinners rejoice
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 10:38:25 PM »
I really wish I could have caught this. Does anyone out there know where I can get some videos of backpinners out there, front or back. I'm having a lot of success with this style, but I'd like to see it in the hands of a pro.

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 07:57:55 PM »
I saw Ahmad Shadman doing backpins at the Nat'l tourney in St Louis a week or so back, check with Inside Foos to see if they have any footage of him. Also Carlos (TWIF) was there, he may have some video too.

Offline pinalyzer

• Practice safe foosing & always wear a Knee brace
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 11:58:49 PM »
Here is one of mine....I do a dribble style.  It isn't great because I was holding the camera with the other hand..
http://www.youtube.com/pinalyzer#p/u/21/_Rj17kTRa8E

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 08:11:16 PM »
I'm playing a Fireball tournament on the 24th&25th. I have open singles, Am singles and maybe 50+ singles.(I won't ask my partner to accept such a wild winging game in dubs)  If this table back pins like they say it does then maybe I might go a little backpin crazy. Straight push and pull pins, reversal push and pulls, push and pull kicks, side push and pull kicks(far men) and back pin banks. Oh yeah, a late arrival in back pin execution, toss kicks, the ball seems to arrive out of thin air at the outside angle in position and is SLAMMED IN! WITH AUTHORITY! and I've been asked which man hit the ball. Too sweet when it comes together. I love back pins, shake it like crazy and send it home with a thump! ;)

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »
I hope to play in the Fireball tournament in Georgia August 20th-August 22nd. Also interested in backpins and bank shots. I plan on buying one of the tables there. Does anyone out there know who I need to contact to preorder? I'll buy today, or at least put some money down to reserve a table.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 10:55:05 AM »
a good friend who plays with me all the time and has messed around with the BP because I shoot one and he thinks the BP is such a great shot...he is better on Tor than 99% of others at least because they nobody else shoot it...anyway, he was down in TX last week and got to play on Fireball and he was more excited than I have ever seen him because the BP was so great

he said its like the table was built specifically for the BP...the control and precise angles, deadman without trying, push and pull reverses super long and fast and more...

he set the men a ball apart and while holding the camera he set the ball up, moved it about 3/4 inch and deep split the guys...he said he couldn't even think of that on Tor and he did it first try...

he was at a DYP and was the odd man out but eventually wound up with a super beginner (only played a couple times before) and still won at least one match but he said with a low end, not that great, DYP goalie he could have won the tourney easy because no one could even come close to stopping him...the cut back is so precise and deadly it opens everything else up…know way you can defend it using a standard D…really, even a reverse would have the same trouble because you can cut back push side just as well

the goalie would have to move into an “I” (eye) formation to block the shot…he said, “I can’t believe what I can do”, he actually called me (which is super rare because we always text) and added, I can’t wait to see you shoot the BP on this table

in addition, overall he loved the tables, says the rods are super slick and the build, though not a coin op, is still solid and weighs 245 lbs…he said even though it is 100 lbs less than Tor it almost eliminates jarring because it is so sturdy

can’t wait, its gong to be great, I will get a coin op as soon as possible…

BUYING A FIREBALL
Contact whoever is running the tourney (see the tourn schedule over on the other board) and every site having a tourney this year is selling tables … $700-$730ish if my memory

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 11:42:33 AM »
Mark,

The tournament in Georgia is being hosted/run by Mr. Phil Grable.

You can contact Phil by e-mail

E-mail address   everythingwood@live.com

From what I have seen, the table are selling in the neighborhood of 700 - 830 dollars or so (tournament used), depending on the model being used.

You also might want to ask which model will be available for sale at the tournament (and used at the tournament for that matter).

The "ITSF Model" has the one man goalie
The "Tour Model" has the 3 man goalie

The ITSF Model is the better table, from what I have heard, and the cost runs a little more.

Both models play great, but I hear the ITSF model is a little sturdier, and plays just a hair better (smoother).

But I have NOT yet played on the "Tour Model".  I am relying on other players for that information.

That is all of the information I have now. 

And good luck with that backpin!!

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 05:11:21 PM »
Great news. I can't wait to get this table. Thanks Pat. I got in touch with Phil and I'm waiting on the info before I write the check. The other thing I like about this table is that they're giving the option of installing alternate rods from other tables. I've seen bearing designed to be mounts for a true Bonzini rod. They even hold the bar higher off the ground to account for the longer legs of the men. I'm hoping I'll be able to practice many styles with this table. More than anything, I need this table so I can practice my passing. Anybody out there have an opinion of the passing game on this table? I talked to Brian Jones recently, who won the Florida tournament, and he said that you can pretty much pass just like Tornado, except that the ball doesn't tick-tack as fast. I really need to learn how to either stick or brush anyways.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
my friend says the table brushes and sticks great...the FL table might have tic tacked a little slow more from the choice of ball which is still sort of in flux but another quality of the table is how well it tic tacs, better than any other table made all told

give us a detailed review when you can

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »
Dang Bb, maybe you should do a little road trip and come out and play. A little backpinning mayhem.  ;D

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 11:30:57 AM »
Anderson,

The table with the ability to interchange roda from different tables IS NOT the one that is being used for tournaments, and is NOT the one that is for sale.  To my knowledge.  But I can contact Fireball and get a definitive answer this weekend.

Pat

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 12:09:15 PM »
Was at the Milwaukee Open not too long ago and got to see Bill Ray personally work his backpin magic.  What a fun table to play on.

Like many I am waiting for a coin-op version...a common complaint during the tournament is the number of times a ball would get stuck in the ball return tubing.  There are 2 ball openings per side and there is a lever under the table to change what opening the ball should drop down into, and the ball would periodically get stuck at that lever point.  At times it would get stuck to the point where you would have to literally pick one end of the table up and really shake it to get the ball to drop out.

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 04:42:40 PM »
Pat, it would really be a shame if that was just a gimmick picture I saw. It seems to me that all they have to do is design different bearing mounts for other rods. This option is what first got me interested in this table. If you want to play different styles, different tables, but you only have room for one table in house, this table can really corner the market or at least be the first to get their foot in that door. Later I heard how well this table backpins and banks and that sold me on this table. It seems to me that this option should be model independent, but the issue would be who would sell the rods with the men. I doubt Alan would sell me the rod if I'm not buying the entire Bonzini table. I mean we're friends and all but he is trying to run a business.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 04:44:52 PM by Anderson »

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 05:05:46 PM »
And the rods themselves would have to come from fireball, as they need to fit the Fireball table special bearing.  I have seen the model with the interchangable rods, I have also played around on it a little (very little).  The technology does exist.  It is, however a different bearing to accomodate the differences in the rod height.  Not to mention the patent issues with making and selling the different rods with different manufacturers men on it. 

The ITSF Model table plays very well.  HOWEVER, it is not going to play like a Bonzini.  But it definitely provides for better execution of pin shots (front and back w/multiple options), bank shot, cuts, etc.  Thus it allows more varied styles of play, yet still has the lateral control and speed provided by the Tornado tables.  It is definitely a good table.  If I were you, I would play on it before committing to buy it, just to be sure it has the qualities you are looking for in a table.