Foosball.com Forums

How does this Dynamo play vs Tornado?

How does this Dynamo play vs Tornado?
« on: February 25, 2016, 10:24:13 AM »
Can anyone who actually played on this Dynamo comment on the playing characteristics vs Tornado? The shape of the foot looks very similar so I'm imagining it would play similar. Thanks.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: How does this Dynamo play vs Tornado?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 06:42:52 PM »
It's not even close to a newer Tornado as far as play style. Plays alot slower and more like an old school TS table. If your going to transition from this to a T3000 be prepared for a world of difference. And usually people want a fortune for them,,, they're not worth it. Get an old brown marble coin-op in good shape you can't go wrong there. Others chime in I'm sure old school players will argue ;))))

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 06:47:38 PM »
I had a Dynamo basically identical but not a coin-op. Plays similar but not the same. They tend to have numerous "dead" men; not as precisely molded as Tornado so they tend to be loose on the rods.

The big difference is the men are a bit shorter so there's a larger gap between the man and the table surface, which changes your timing when pinning the ball. It also affects your stroke on shots as it results in a different pinch point.

I bought mine for $100 so it wasn't that big of a deal. You get used to it but will definitely throw you off when moving to a Tornado. I did put Tornado bumpers on as the stock ones are crap.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:49:34 PM by TSR_Brad »

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 05:54:13 PM »
Thanks for the info. A friend of mine is looking at it, the price is $250. Considering he would probably have to swap Tornado men onto the table, I'd say it's not worth it.