Foosball.com Forums

Newbie - Ball Selection

Newbie - Ball Selection
« on: April 15, 2012, 11:56:52 AM »
I just purchased a used Tornado Cyclone 2 table after a 20+ year hiatus from the game. I selected the tornado table based on quality, reputation and availability of parts. I'm impressed with the quality!

I used to play on the older Touramnet Soccer (Millionair?) tables in the 80's and tend to like using trap shots (not sure if the term "trap" is called something else today). The table came with 4 red balls which look like the Tornado Textured ball (not sure of the age but would guess atleast 4 to 5 years old). I really like maximum ball control and will give up speed for control.

My question is there any "stickier" ball available that would help with trapping/control? I have been out of the game for so long that I don't know which balls are for what?

Thank you and I'm learning a ton from your forums!

Update - just finished playing on the table for a few hours. The red balls provide good control - just needed a few hours of game time to get used to them!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:33:01 PM by Northern_Canuck »

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: Newbie - Ball Selection
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »
Order a few new balls from Jim Waterman, who owns and operates foosball.com which includes these forums.  The new ('11?) balls should be even grippier.  They'd also help if you ever get to one of Canada's many excellent weekly DYPs.. West coast, east coast, cowboy middle.. they should be all competitive.
;
Perhaps the word you're looking for, instead of "trap," is "PIN...."  A front pin with the back of the player's foot or toe.. and a back pin with the front of the foot or toe.
;
Mind you, I've had a few acquaintances who interpret every foosball term as a command: "JAR.." and they obey....

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:50:50 PM »
Thanks Fooz - I'm putting together an order thru foosball.com. I have included a few different balls including the B- Ball, Tornado Red 5hr and the Warrior Yellow. For a few bucks it can't hurt to try them out.

Thanks for updating me on the terms  :D

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:04:57 PM »
Get an ITSF B-ball, the Bonzini ball. It will work on your Tornado table, but if you want to play tournament Tornado, this is not good advice. If you simply want to enjoy that style though, it won't having that ball around. Good luck.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 11:19:52 AM »
;;
.............For a few bucks it can't hurt to try them out.
;;
;
That's exactly what I was thinking a couple years back, when I tried the "Original FourLoko" 4paks... the obscenely horrible concoction before the public outcry made them remove the orignal ingredients.
;
I was grievously wrong... :-X
;
This, plus this week's worldwide Titanic celebrations... There really is no sure thangggg ... even nowadays....   :o