Foosball.com Forums

Older Tornado coin op

Re: Older Tornado coin op
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 10:53:46 PM »

A complete 1980 Tornado Original Glass Top Foosball Table.
The only things that are not original are both of the 2 rods and one of the 3 rods.
All 3 of the replacement rods are Merkel.
The goals have a small, real small bit of wear.
This is an awesome table.

Jay
MobileFoos.com

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
So what value do you put on your table?  Looks to be in A-1 condition.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »
I've still got some of the old ice balls from that era.  I loved this table but I don't think today's players would appreciate it.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »
I used to go with two buddies in Warren, OH, in 80 and 81, to the old Elm Rd Sky Drive-In theater, right beside an RV Pull In N Park and play a beat-up old glasstop Tornado or clone, just like that in the game and concessions room, albeit in much much worse shape.

It had the yellow paraffin balls, some rocklike whites, and those funny formed hard plastic mini-soccer balls.  The screws were always getting loose if not already hopelessly stripped and rattling, which made normal shooting from underrod (closed hand no-pin) problematic because of the "lag" or delay after when one should have already smacked the ball.  Open hand (palm roll no-pin) shots were better because of the faster swing, and the best shots were backpinned shots because the figures were already torqued backwards before squeezing.

We learned good backpin shots the tortured, brutal way on that funky glasstop T.

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »
yep I built it

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 11:12:36 PM »
yep I built it 

Procto,

you mean you used to work with and/or for Kelye's dad?  Back in the day at the old T works?

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 11:56:52 PM »
Not sure he worked for Ricketts.  He did work for McLoud for a few years.

So, Jack.  Did you work for Ricketts too?

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 12:58:46 PM »
no just Ed McCloud or MacClod as Ed Geer says,
no the table i am refering to is the #8 table (bought Gold book # 8 from Kathy and Johnny, I also have both soft and hard back book of lotts and the soft is autographed too)ever made with the 3 man rod
I am re fitting it with new design rods bumpers men and will probably re laminate the top.
will probably be putting the whole lot up for sale with in the next year, and it also has all the original parts,bolts nuts men no tit bearings crap rip your fingers open round 4 slot bearing nuts long rods....
also will re laminate the table top that I made 4 or 5 of that turns the table in to a dinning table.
now if i can figure out how to post pics I'll put some up

Jack

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »
ok how do i post pics ??????

Jack

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »
I have boxes and boxes of the old parts from 1987-1989 era tables with the bolts, nuts and older balls...  I used to own a bunch of tables at that time and I have kept those parts all this time...  I literally have several 5 gallon buckets full of these old used balls and several boxes of the old parts in my attic...  These include the spongy type bushings and older type bearings and such...
Later, David Dent...