Foosball.com Forums

What kind of Table should I get if I want to have fun?

What kind of Table should I get if I want to have fun?
« on: March 09, 2008, 01:51:06 AM »
Hi, I'm currently shopping around for a good quality table that I can use to have fun on.  I'm not a tournament level player and I doubt I would be anytime soon.  I'm just a college student with a price ceiling of 1,200 that wants a foosball table so I can spend so quality time with my father.

The reason I want a decent table however is my father used to be really into foosball participated in tournaments way back in the day.
Looking around these forums I constantly see people recommending a used coin-op tornado but after searching Craigslist and ebay all I found was a used Tornado Cyclone II for 700.

Offline EDGEER

Re: What kind of Table should I get if I want to have fun?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 04:01:26 AM »
The thing is, if you buy a used T-2000 you will eventually be able to get your money back.  If you close to Dallas, I know where you can get a coin-op for under a gran.

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 01:23:20 PM »
Nope I'm not located in near Dallas.  I am in Baton Rouge, LA which is about 70 miles from New Orleans.

Where would I have to go to find a Used T-2000?  Would I just have to hunt ebay and craigslist till I find one and how much would it cost new since I searched around but found out that pricing isn't allowed on coin-op machines.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 01:35:08 PM »
Why Used?   I got my brand new one from an IFP tournament in Kentucky for 1050 like 6 months ago.   Dont know if you want to wait but the next IFP event in Louisiana is in August.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 03:03:42 PM »
you can get one of those same tables (IFP Tournament used - meaning like brand new) for $1125-$1150 at the site of the tournament or $1175 between tournaments - plus shipping or arrange a pick up...Charles MacIntosh or Mary Moore...occasionally you can find them for less if you run into the perfect situation but that is very rare and hard to count on...both Mary and Charles stand behind their sales and should be around for a long time - both have repeutations for being honest and true

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 11:13:45 PM »
you can get one of those same tables (IFP Tournament used - meaning like brand new) for $1125-$1150 at the site of the tournament or $1175 between tournaments - plus shipping or arrange a pick up...Charles MacIntosh or Mary Moore...occasionally you can find them for less if you run into the perfect situation but that is very rare and hard to count on...both Mary and Charles stand behind their sales and should be around for a long time - both have repeutations for being honest and true

How would I get in touch with Charles MacIntosh or Mary Moore?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 11:19:41 PM »
Charles runs tornadofoosball.com

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 12:22:49 AM »
So I check Tornadofoosball and its 1,225 for a coin-op which is doable but that doesn't include shipping so it will probably put 170-225 dollars above my price ceiling.  Maybe I can work something out to get some more funds but anyone know any other dealer that I would get a better price from?

If i do buy it from this website it would mean that I wouldn't have to replace any parts right since they say that they clean, inspect, and rebox as brand new.  If this is the case I may be able to convince my self to shell out 1,500 for a table although its gonna be a little hard to do so.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 01:11:39 AM by qntran2 »

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
Wait until August and go to Laffette to Louisanna State which is a Tournament Mary Moore runs.  Be looking until then.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 03:43:25 PM »
call Charles at Tornadofoosball.com (find his number there)...tournament used are $1150-$1175 and as it has already been said, if you go to one of his, or an IFP (Mary Moore) you can pick out your table and carry it home with no shipping charges