Foosball.com Forums

Rene Pierre Handle

Rene Pierre Handle
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »
Just bought a old table but it's missing a handle, any sugesstions

Re: Rene Pierre Handle
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 09:01:38 PM »
I would purchase a Bonzini. Historically RP tried to replicate Bonzini. You have 7 RP handles to sell.  Hope this helps.

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 06:34:58 AM »
I don't think Bonzini and RP handles are interchangable.

Tyler

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »
Tyler,
I think you are correct about the noninterchange.  If he could pick up a Bonzini, he could always replace Bonzini with Bonzini parts.  I see so many people seeking RP handles that they must be rare perhaps bringing a decent price.  That's all I meant.   John

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »
Ovhardtimes,

PM me your address and I'll send you a RP handle, if in US.

John,

Please excuse my mis-read. I was thinking you were saying to swap all handles for Bonzini ones, not buy a new table. Sorry!

Tyler

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 10:38:35 AM »
I am still looking for 8 handles for my 70's era coin op RP table.  I have been looking literally for years with no luck. Here is a link to a post on the topic from back nearly a year ago. 

http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=4646.0

I may have to resort to some form of expensive fabrication or maybe a local wood craftsman to build some threaded wooden handles.  From reading these forums it looks like these handles are totally unavailable unless from an old table.

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
Slat0930,

I do remember your post from a while ago. I only have one RP handle so I couldn't really help you back then. The situation with ovhardtimes is different because his need matched what I have. If you ever find a source for RP handles, buy lots!!

Take care.................................Tyler

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 08:11:04 PM »
Tyler, thank you so much for all your help.I'll be foosing in Va .If I ever buy a new table it will be a Bonzini.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 10:05:30 PM »
Tyler, My 1st reply post was unclear.  About a year ago I went with a friend to look at a 70s RP.  It lacked 2 handles & 2 more were broken.  Bruce N. who I think still has a RP, & Gloria of BonziniUSA both mentioned that replacements would be problematic.  There is also the issue of rod diameter. I hope things eventually go well for slat & ov.   John

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »
Is the RP 14mm or 15mm rod diameter?
The only reason I ask is that we have supplied rods and handles for some customers with a 14mm RP rod diameter.
If it is an early 70's RP it willbe 15 mm, in which I will not be able to help with.
Good news is I have a B-90R in mint condition with tournament upgrades for $1,895.00 ready to go if anyone is interested.
Savings of around $800.00.

AC

SC State here we come. Hope we get the temperature down. 104 today in Fort Mill.

Offline marty

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 01:20:51 PM »
Allen  the b-90 for $1895.00  is this with free shipping

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »
Marty,

No the shipping was not included.
Where do you live? Shoot me a PM and I'll calculate the cost.
I've got someone interested in it but they can't get back with me for another week.

It has been refurbed and upgrade and went into a box this morning. I'll be taking it to the warehouse in the morning.

Alan

BTW, it a B-90 Rustic finish model

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 02:53:05 AM »
I am currently rebuilding an old 70s Rene Pierre that has 15mm rods. I have a friend who has many handles for those rods and is lending them to me until we purchase others of the right color. He knows a place that has them. 14mm handles have been difficult for me to find however.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 09:08:41 AM »
Marty,

I tried to send you a PM. It says your Inbox is full.
I have a quote for you.
Shoot a hotmail or gmail address if you can I'll forward the pictures.

Alan