Foosball.com Forums

7,188 miles, 17 states and hundreds of games of Foosball

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
7,188 miles, 17 states and hundreds of games of Foosball
« on: February 09, 2012, 11:49:14 PM »
7,188 miles in 26 days, 17 states, a dozen operators/promoters, countless numbers of games and met hundreds of players. Finally, I have arrived back on the West coast.

West to East, this is a rich Country filled with wonders and good people.

I heard and saw so much on this journey, it would be interesting to some, but boring to most.

I left Denver once the record snow for February gave me a chance to literally dig out my car from the parking lot. I was off to Grand Junction to see Rob and Steph. Left GJ to go to Salt Lake on Superbowl Sunday and to hang out with Mike Sierra and watch the game. Mike lent me his ear for awhile to hear what I have heard that was working in other areas to help bring new players out.

Side story:
While coming across the desert of Nevada, I stopped to eat at a small town's sub shop. I came out to find this guy looking over my front tire. "Do you own this car?", the burly man states, "I think I see something wrong, maybe steel showing. Start up your car and turn the wheel right for me" Okay... "nope, no steel but I wouldn't go very far on those tires. Where are you going? "Reno" came my reply. "Oh, that is too far, I will give you a tire so you can make it pull over to the shop here" he is now pointing to the tire shop that shares the same parking lot. WTF is going through my mind. Long story shorten to save you... 20 minutes later he was trying to sell me 2 used tires for $400.00. Like a Carney at the local fair, this guy was "working" me. I bailed of course, but I wonder how many he has hooked on this line of crap.

Back to Foos
It doesn't matter if it is Fireball or Tornado, Foosball is in trouble in many areas. Stagnant pools of players with promoters as lifeguards. Operators that use to be Tigers, now with less and less desire to build up a new base, because they are getting long in the tooth. Regional or National Distributors that don't give a sh*t that own the tables are dinosaurs that are looking for a place to lay down and become oil.

Some areas have some really bright lights showing the way. I hope, in the near future, I will be able to outline how these Promoters/operators and players are doing such a wonderful job.

I will explain one simple thing. Without a doubt, old players will play this game on old equipment but new players will not because, it is too hard for them to learn. Old balls, old tables or poorly maintained, retard the growth for new players. Period

It is all about grassroots!

If you want to read all the stories, go to my Facebook page, Brad Laurine or the other board under Brad's mini tour.

Re: 7,188 miles, 17 states and hundreds of games of Foosball
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 05:39:44 PM »
Sounds like a great trip except for the potential scam.  Having done a lot of travel in my past it is always a joy to see new people and places, but it is also nice to get back home.

Fooseball scene sounds pretty bad, will have to check out your facebook tonight. Anyway welcome back to God's Country.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 01:50:03 AM »
brad what would a coin op foosball table cost? does alaska have any tables? Have you ever had to stop in anchorage alaska on your travels? fire ball of coarse.

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:09:06 PM »
Tony, Thanks for the question. I can't answer that question on this board. I would send you to my Foosball site but I wish to be respectful to the board and it's owners. If you would send me an email to Brad (at)  fireballtablesoccer (dot) com or brad (at) rod-lock (dot) com
I will fill you in directly.

Brad
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:10:58 PM by BradLaurine »