Foosball.com Forums

2008 Open Doubles Final: Completing the Comeback

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: 2008 Open Doubles Final: Completing the Comeback
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »
wow, wow, and WOW

that was as intense as the World Cup and that is the best I have seen Dave's pull

the best thing I have seen in the US going back to 1998 (which is as far back as my collection goes)

like I said with the Tony video, the audio simply totally completely ROCKS

I don't know what you did different but that is literally better than in person

super, great thank you thank you thank you...that is why I love this game and hearing Fred shout and in another language made it even better

cant wait to get out and play tonight

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »
That video clip doesn't begin to convey the scale of the comeback in this match. Down 2-0 in games and trailing 2-0 in points in the third game only to find something inside, to persevere and turn things around... I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned here somewhere.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »
lessons!  tons of them, I can't wait to see the entire thing...I haven't been excited like this since first coming back to foosball and finding video was available

add this to Tony and between them, they are worth the price of addmission

I know it has had its drama with table changes and poorly run tournaments but foosball has made some great strides since I started playing again 4 years ago...Inside Foos was already around but it has really matured over the last 4 years  - the best things in foosball right now and outside of the TS explosion the best things to happen to foosball so far are

InsideFoos
NetFoos
IFP tournaments/software
ITSF

3 of those are "born in the USA"
I would add that I think Warrior is near this list because it will cause a badly needed competition with Tordano

If Tornado keeps moving forward with aggressive intent to improve the play and consistancy of their table Quality and they do the same with a "tour" then I would put on the this list too

The giant sleeper out there is the United States Table Soccer Federation (USTSF) which has the potential to be as significant to United States foosball as the ITSF has been to International foos - unbelievable potential synergy ready to be tapped between the USTSF and NetFoos

Sponsors are slowly growing and if someone can crack the code for them and sponsors will invest because they see potential for foosball then Katy bar the door

The last great piece in the puzzle which I don't see on the horizon right now is a meaningful powerful players union/organization - Player One was a really good idea and despite my differences with Phil I was very excited about its potential and where he was going with it and I am disappointed it was put on the shelf...I really hope it or something like that emerges

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »
that was a great match, I'd like more please, lols