Foosball.com Forums

Replacing a playfield? Year make and model??? Tornado. . .

Re: Replacing a playfield? Year make and model??? Tornado. . .
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »
Hi

I just measured, my bars are .625" outter diameter.  It turns out that only one five rod and one three rod are thick and the rest are the thinner lighter rods.  The table appears super fresh but that could be as a result of awsome cleaning, I don't know.  It is hard to believe that the table recieved much use because one of the men on the black two rod was backwards when I got the table and about half of the bumpers were backwards.  That, and who bends a five rod needing it replaced?  It's a mysterious table that just keeps getting more mysterious.  However it's been getting me really excited about playing and I can't wait to get back out to some local tournaments and see how I do.  I've got my brush pass working and my pull shot is coming around. 

You guys have been a great help in helping me discover more info about my table and how old it is which I am very interested in.  To bad about only having two thick rods.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 08:54:05 PM by greymatter »

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 02:56:43 PM »
Jim- Do you really mean .156" "outer diameter"?
Yup... haven't you seen them yet??? you have to get all NEW men with very small holes in the center!!   
:)  :)  :)

Doh!   You're exactly right GrandMaster!    I was typing faster than I was thinking... AGAIN!
Have a great weekend all!   JimW

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 03:01:47 PM »
... It turns out that only one five rod and one three rod are thick and the rest are the thinner lighter rods....
That's pretty common... folks would upgrade their 5-bar and shooting 3-rod for practicing at home... So.. .when they go to the local foos public location... they would not have to adjust as much for the different speed/feel/timing of the home/public location.

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Jim,
For the ultimate upgrade in the rod department, especially the two rows, I use Tournament Soccer solid rods. After all, they never bend and Sumption says solid rods are the BEST! As far as I know I am the only one using solid rods to enhance the performance of Tornado Table soccer. My game shows it.

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 05:43:59 PM »
...As far as I know I am the only one using solid rods to enhance the performance of Tornado Table soccer. My game shows it.

Really?  your game shows it in "A GOOD" way?   hmmm... when you go to your local public locations and play on the "standard" Tornado rod... how much adjustment time do you need for "timing"?    Had it really added a boost to your "speed/performance" of you long pulls out of the back?

Cool, i may have to try this - anyone else been doing this?    JimW