Foosball.com Forums

Micro games foosball table

Micro games foosball table
« on: May 20, 2007, 12:09:37 AM »
I just purchased a Micro Games, Championship Soccer, "Official Championship Table" game manufactured in Phoenix, AZ. Previous owner said it must be at least 25+ years old. Paid $50 dollars and after bolting it together and cleaning it up, siliconing, etc. it is in great form and solid. The soccer players are so detailed compared to contemporary plastic, round, featureless figures. Banked corners, single goalie, etc. Box is brown wood grained vinyl covered particle board I'm sure. Is this a table worth more than just the value of a good game or is it more than that?

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
Re: Micro games foosball table
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 03:25:44 PM »
Are you sure it isn't "Mirco". Anyway, it's a keeper! The Edgell brothers built some very high quality American foosball tables in the '70s recognizeable by the red and yellow men in derby hats and the "scooped" sides of the men for better lateral ball control. The female foosers used to wear t-shirts that said "Two points are better than one!" Get it? They also built the Grand Champion Soccer Table built for SIX players. These tables are exceptionally rare and may not even exist any more. Steve Edgell wrote some of the early fiction and non fiction foosball books during the "Golden Age" of foos in the 1970's. At one time there were almost 300 manufactuers in the US alone! Steve and Bob Edgell were among the pioneers of the sport of foosball in the US and every one of the tables with derby hats and glass surfaces should be saved if possible. If under any circumstance you should want to part with this collectible piece of foosball history get ahold of me.

Offline Jon

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 07:40:43 PM »
Hi;Just a quick note.Mirco started by importing tables from germany.then started making their own in about 1972 until they went out of business in 1978 due to the PacMan epidemic.They made at least four different models,from the home models to the arcade style(most desireable)coin-op's with glass tops.These were the tables I grew up on(old school)when foosball was getting going just before the advent of electronic games which burst the foos bubble.Most serious players like Tornado but their is a few old school players who would love to play that table again,Myself included.I have been trying to piece together a Mirco Championship Soccer table for about four years now with little luck.I've seen them sell for $1.75(home model broken and missing parts) to $250.00 for the coin-op glass top in rough shape.I seen only about five listed in four years so consider yourself lucky.They are not worth a lot of money just yet but they seem to be getting pretty rare.Enjoy!!P.S.If you do ever consider letting that table go,I to would be interested..Jon

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:30:04 PM »
I bought a brand new Micro games Championship Soccer table back in 1978. I got it from a distributor out of the twin cites, It was the home model not the coin op but was a real nice table, Love the checkered bow ties and derby hats. Yellow and red men I believe. Does your men have square toe? All the Micro's I've seen lately have but I seem to remember mine being rounded toe like TS. It plays alot like a Deutchermeister with hollow rods, I wasn't use to wood handles at the time but now it looks like they had that right to, Mine had the textured surface which was really nice, can't remember exactly what the balls were like but it was a fast table for sure.I missed out recently on a coin op version out of Ohio, too far to go but I am allways looking for one, I have 4 tornados, a restored TS, and looking now for a coin op Deuthchermeister, that was my favorite table of the era.If you could post some pics that would be cool too.Nice find, consider yourself lucky.

Hey, Mirco fans! Need info!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 09:19:47 PM »
Hi, everyone. I enjoyed reading these posts.  I'm working on the history of our sport for the new foosball book, and could use some more info on Mirco.  I know that they ran some $5000 tournaments in the 70's and have a few results. 

If you have any Mirco results, flyers for promotions, etc., I would love to receive scanned copies.  Thanks!

Kathy Brainard

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 02:16:48 PM »
If you could post some pics that would be cool too.

Just found this forum hoping to find a resource to replace a broken cup.

Anyway, I saw this post and thought I'd give folks a couple shots of my table. I've owned this for 20+ years; purchased second-hand. It has given me (and my kids, and friends) decades of fun.

Cheers, Staigl

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 02:37:11 PM »
You cold get by with a Tournament Soccer black serving cup. Try Muller Recreational Products, poolndarts.com, or something like that online. I doubt that an original can be had except by salvage. GM

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 03:09:59 PM »
I know we have the "serving cups"...
... i was suprised to see that we DID NOT have it listed as an al le carte item....
... it is in this "kit"... http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/parts-kit-diy.html

Hmmm... PM me if you want 1 or 2... i can split up a kit and get you a price.
JimW

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 04:47:08 PM »
Thats a sweet table!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 06:45:54 PM »
I appreciate the ideas (and compliment). Looking at the TS serving cups, the screw hole pattern appears different than the Mirco cups. I may eventually go that route; meanwhile, I'll maintain a search on eBay. It has been cracked for as long as I can remember; perhaps since even before I owned the table...clearly, I'm in no rush. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

This auction http://cgi.ebay.com/Complete-Set-of-22-Foosball-Men-W-2-Balls-Vintage_W0QQitemZ180111118364QQihZ008QQcategoryZ36276QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem from another thread was quite a score for someone.

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 04:43:52 PM »
I love that Mirco table...I have been looking for one for years..If you ever want to sell,let me know..I have an original Deutscher Meister in my basement that I really enjoy,but the Mirco table was always my favorite..

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »
Don't know how close this is to anyone, but I just saw a CL listing in my area for a Mirco here: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tag/1452009904.html

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 11:21:35 AM »
FYI if anyone is interested, I talked to this guy from raleigh and he says he will take an offer on the Mirco table..(his wife says get rid of it) WOMEN!!! This table could possibly be bought for $200...WOW.

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »
I am getting ready to list my vintage Mirco Champion Soccer table if anyone is interested. I live in the St. Louis Mo area. This is the table that's been talked about in these posts - men in hats / bow ties (the pictures further down are the same as on my table). The table (with the glass top) is in great shape - none of the bars are bent so it plays real smooth and with the glass top its real fast. It sure has been fun playing on the table that I cut my teeth on back in the 70's in all of those bars. This table was coin operated but was converted so the ball just returns after each goal. I am looking for $285 for it. If you have any interest give me a call (314) 401-3841 Bob.

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 05:04:02 PM »
Hey Bob just thought I'd let you know that there is foosball tourneys at Stratford Inn (South outer rd off I-44 and Bowles exit) on Wednesday nights and Friday nights, they start with singles at around 7pm and a DYP after that. I know its not far from you if you attend Twin Oaks, C'mon out and play!