Foosball.com Forums

Billings Foosball Results

Re: Billings Foosball Results
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 03:18:27 PM »
I went to the the Monday tournament and it was a joke, since I stopped going ( March )  no balls have been replaced or rods lubed, disgusting, I used to maintain them frequently until the distributor stopped supplying me, so the Dickinson foosball scene is dieing rapidly, I rarely  go and the 2nd best player in town put a "lifetime ban on the bar".  And in the previous years there were cash prizes at the end of the year, because I was running it, now, they are going to give out t-shirts. LOL.  Last year we had a $900 cash payout for our final league tourney, this year a 7$ t-shirt. 

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 05:56:22 PM »
Hey High Plains Foosers. We got action in Rapid City SD. Call me if you are in town.
Oly
605-391-5958

Offline Billings Semi-pro

• Front pin'n the Tornado table!
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 03:43:26 PM »
Oly, you should start posting your Rapid City results.  Plus, the family wants to vacation down your way.  Sometime in 08, most likely the summer.  I will call you for sure if in the area.   

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »
Jeremy,
Now that things are slacking off a bit at Jack's Campers a bit I will be posting more often. The results from the 3 Dog Saloon I will try to get. It is a really small town and a tiny tournament but boy do those guys love to play. They kicked me out first thing so they can practice and get up a level or two. I still stop in  to hit a few balls and stir things up some. In town (Rapid) Doug Wardrop and occasionally Hollywood and I play at Dublin Square downtown 8th and Main. We are hardcore foosers for life and can't possibly stop if we wanted to which of course we don't. There are a few others that would come out for "new blood" or "fresh meat" if they know when and where. Always remember it's a STEAL WORLD and LIVIN' WITH THE BALL is the way to be.
I"ll see you - across the table - one of these days!
Oly

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 04:07:25 AM »
Bullwackers Foosball DYP 10/30/2007

1) Jay Buffington/Jeremy Housley
2) Marty Michalson(Chinook)/Johnny Cassity
3) Mike Wittmer/Andy Elsberry
4) Rusty Unruh(Chinook)/Andy Wilson
5) Kyle Roller/James Schave
6) Nikki Bertram/Ron Gauthier(Chinook)

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2007/11/06/sports/local/98-yoursports.txt
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 03:04:31 PM by Billings Semi-pro »

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 05:29:05 PM »
Hey Chinook foosers,

It was good meeting y'all.  You guys were fun and we hope y'all can show up again. 

Jeremy Housley

Offline marty

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »
Thanks  Jeremy  it was a blast you have'nt seen the last of me  hope to make it over at least once a month learned a lot and thanks to
johnny cassity for caring me and teaching me the rules as we went
again thanks      
                           Marty

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2007, 02:56:09 PM »
Marty, 

I am glad you had fun.  Tough matches, huh?  Are Ron and Rusty (R&R) going to come back with you?  Did they have a good time to?  What did y'all think about the level of play at Bullwackers? 

Jeremy

Offline marty

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2007, 05:11:06 PM »
 very tough matches  i have,nt played in a foosball tounament sence 1979 as far as ron and rusty they had a blast they both had no tornado
experance and i think on the way home i might have talked ron into buying a tornado coin opp but have not talked to them sence they droped me off should run into ron tonight as far as the level of play
out standing thats all we talked about on the way home, i got a couple
of other buddys i would like to bring over to for the experance there both good players but never seen a snake , one i think played at your
state tourny in 2003 i think thats what he said

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2007, 06:44:23 PM »
Yes, I believe your buddy was there in 2003.  He had a girl he brought with him to the tourney.  He should have seen a snake shot way back then. 

You played pretty good for not being in the scene for awhile. 
Sometimes, I shoot my front pin and it gets mistaken for a roller/snake but I do shoot both.   

Next time y'all come down we will make sure the tourney starts on time.    I don't run the dyp's anymore and very happy to have Andy Elsberry and Johnny Cassity do it.  However, I will get a tourney chart/brackets for them.  Writings on napkins stuff is sloppy. 

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 03:48:06 AM »
Bullwackers DYP 11-06-07

1) Mike Wittmer/Jeremy Housley
2) Andy Elsberry/Andy Wilson
3) Jay Buffington/Johnny Cassity
4) Mike Thomas/James Schave

http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2007/11/08/sports/local/98-yoursports.txt
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:24:58 AM by Billings Semi-pro »

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2007, 01:50:07 PM »
Hey Marty and Jeremy a few things to talk about with you guys.

#1.  There will be a 4th annual X-mas shootout in dickinson ND. There will be at least three events. Dates are unknown, but looking at the calendar it will probably be the friday and sat before x-mas.  They have not asked me to run it and I won t.  But I will set up the tables and get them into good shape.  How many table is also a ? last year we had 5. But i think we should have at least 4.  I will keep you guys posted.

#2.  If anyone is interested in a coin-op, i am currnetly looking to sell one of mine, it is brand new and came from the 2007 US OPEN in Atlanta.  Let me know, the reason I am selling it, Is i am looking to get one of the new ones.  So I still want a nice chunk of change for it.

TJ TOOZ

Offline marty

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2007, 02:42:17 PM »
yes keep me posted , how much for the table ? jerermy i plan on makeing your dyp next tuesday hopefuly i can talk some one into rideing over with me

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 03:10:32 PM »
TJ  are the three events os, od, and dyp?  I wish I had the extra money to buy your table.  You know that edition is most likely a better quality table than the new ice box/silver tables.  Did you play in the 2007 Open?  If so how did you do?  I have played in Vegas twice but haven't been able to return.

I will speak with the wife and see if she will let me out for the tourney.  Hopefully, I can find some others foosers to bring with me.

Marty,
This tuesday for next tuesday?  Ok, cool either way.  You should buy that table but if he decides to hold on to it then you may want to consider Jeff Pipken in Bozeman.  He has a few of the same 30th edition tables.  He was asking $1100 each.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:26:05 AM by Billings Semi-pro »

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2007, 04:42:39 PM »
MT Foosers, I still do not know when the x-mas shootout is going to be in Dickinson, I will know by next week and get the flyer out to you guys as soon as it is done.  Marty I would want 1100 for my table as well.  How does that legend play?  I would love to play on that table.  I was down in Reno, NV for the Corona Light Elimination tourney and won a $1000 bucks for the title,  it was crazy intense because of the 5 minute format of the matches.  Do you guys  think you would come down to Dickinson for the Tournament>