Foosball.com Forums

Foos the movie

Foos the movie
« on: February 11, 2008, 02:50:52 AM »
So I watched the documentary, Foos, last night. It was pretty cool. I enjoyed it a lot. I had heard many of the stories about old tournaments and such, but it was cool to see the pictures and videos of stuff from the 70s.

One thing I wish there was more of, is footage of old matches on TS and early Tornado and Dynamo. They showed short, second-long clips from the tournaments, but I was curious what the game played like, and I'd love to see some longer clips of that stuff. It must be out there. Does anyone know who has that footage/where it is, and if it's possible to get it out for people to see?

Re: Foos the movie
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 07:35:49 AM »
there's a movie?  where/when was it on?

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »
Robert Ismerit a local guy made a documentary a few years back.  You can buy it on ebay.  He posted a while back that there are only a few copies left.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:22:44 AM »
a few copies left with the original packaging...he will continue to make it available just not in the original packaging

it is a good piece of work as far as it goes...he couldn't cover everything...it could have been a 6-10 part series but who has the time or resources to do that...i am thrilled to have this even though I am like the first poster, I wish there was more video of the players playing in the 70's

i also wish there was more detail on more players but I am proud of what he did do and will just hope someone will document the rest some day

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 11:02:16 AM »
It was the first and is still the definitive review of Foos: Be The Greatest...  ;D

http://www.tablesportsradio.com/mvrvw42706.htm

Other "reviewers" should notice that at no time did I use the word WOW! Perhaps that's the reason no quotes from my review were used on the packaging.  :'(

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »
Still, is there a way to get a hold of more 70s game footage?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 11:41:57 AM »
none that I have heard of... if I had, I would own it all :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:30:41 PM by bbtuna »

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »
so can we ask for that footage from the makers of FOOS?