Foosball.com Forums

Any Tornado table players in Raleigh, NC?

Any Tornado table players in Raleigh, NC?
« on: February 07, 2006, 10:47:13 AM »
Hey, I moved down here from NE PA and have found plenty of Bonzini tables.  I am too much of a ball control freak to play on those tables effectively.  I'm just wondering if anyone knows of Tornado tables here in town.  Lemme know.

Offline Daniel

Re: Any Tornado table players in Raleigh, NC?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 11:45:28 AM »
Try www.foosbars.com it is a good place to find tables.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 08:18:37 PM »
Yup... check with Mike at... http://www.trianglefoosball.com/

The MoJo's scene is pretty good for foosball!   Tell Mike I sent ya!   He used to foos regularly here in MD before he relocated!

JimW

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 11:25:19 AM »
... I am too much of a ball control freak to play on those tables effectively....
Hey TCharn... glad you hooked up with the foosers at MoJo's...
Regarding your comment about control freak.... if you are up for expanding your "thought/definition" of ball control... you have to hit the Mardi Gras event at Fat Daddy's that Alan posted about!.    The ball control for the style of play on Bonzini is pretty amazing.    There are a few hard core Tornado players that will be there and you can see how they've adapted their style of play to that table.    JimW

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 01:36:58 PM »
Hey I'm not sure of any local touranaments but I do have a Tournado 2000 tournament edition table I am trying to sell.  It has the coin slots and everything.  It does need a ready ramp but we just reach in and get the balls out. I recently had a baby and just don't have the room for the table anymore.  Let me know if you are interested.  I will sell for $450 firm which is a great deal considering they sell for $1100.  Just need to get it out of my kitchen. Happy Foosing.  My cousin plays in a tournament in Apex on Thursday nights I'll get that info for ya.

Becky

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 10:05:57 AM »
that is a good price.... good luck selling it.

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 01:57:23 PM »
Hi Becca...
Congrats on the new edition! :)

Bummed about it making you get rid of the table... jeesh.. i've heard of "pets" getting the boot after the arrival of a baby.... but this is a first for the foosball table!    :(

If you still need help moving the table... e-mail me.... jim at foosball dot com...
I'm headed to Raleigh next weekend for the Bonzini event at Fat Daddy's.    I can let some of the local foosers know that you have a sweet deal on your coin op available!   Send me your phone number in your e-mail and i'll call you... i won't give it out to others unless you tell me that's okay.

JimW

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 07:48:54 PM »
That is a good deal. I just purchased a T-2000 coin op off a local Spicy's resturant for $550. I probably could have gotten him down another 50 bucks, but I wanted it too bad.

I also had to replace one of the rods, half the nuts and a few of the bearings on it, but I just had to drive up the street with my pickup and take it home.

Luckily it cleaned up beautifully and looks and plays like new :)

I liked the way the coin op works, so I opened it up and put the only two black plugs in place so that 4 of the 5 coins were plugged and I removed the tumbler that corresponded to the remaining coin hole so it doesn't require any coins.

Then I called the manufacturer of the coin mechanism and they are sending me another black plug as a courtesy so that I can put the tumbler back in an no one will think it requires a coin.