Foosball.com Forums

Putting my table outside?

Putting my table outside?
« on: September 13, 2007, 01:46:17 AM »
Hey guys,

I bought a Tornado table a few weeks ago, and my roomates aren't stoked about me placing the table inside our house. I've been covering the table with a large blue tarp and a bungee cord around the bottom to hold the tarp tightly around the table. Will this be sufficient to protect my table when it's not in use? I understand that this won't work anymore when it begins to rain, but for now I'm concerned about sunlight and moisture in the evenings.

Offline EDGEER

Re: Putting my table outside?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 11:22:19 AM »
What your doing is going to warp the playing surface pretty quickly, and eventually mess-up the sides.  Have you ever placed a glass up-side down on your lawn.  The inside will capture condensation to the point it rains inside the glass within a few hours.  This is what's happening under the tarp.  It will help if it is in your garage or on concrete.  For Christ sakes find somewhere inside to put it.  Ask a friend to keep it until you can find better living arrangements.  Your table will be un-playable within a year if you dont do something.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 12:34:59 PM »
I tryed it once..it was ok for about a week....IT WILL RUIN THE TABLE!!!

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 01:25:41 PM »
You could move. I usually put the table in the kitchen because there is an overhead light. Then advertise for some roomates that play.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 03:27:08 PM »
Easy fix... put the foosball table in your bedroom and move the bed outside!

You HAVE to get your priorities straight!

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 03:34:35 PM »
Thanks for the humorous replies, but seriously, is there a way that I can make this happen by removing the threat of moisture?

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
tell your douche bag roommates to quit watching american idol and learn how to play.  If they don't play you then the tables not getting used anyhow.  So I would store it in my room and find somewhere else to live.  I have played every sport out there and even got my school payed for playing football and I have to say foosball is as competitive of a game as I have ever played and only a bunch of homos wouldnt want to learn to play......I'd lock my door at night if I were u....u might wake up one morning with an ache..

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 04:08:50 PM »
Thanks for the humorous replies, but seriously, is there a way that I can make this happen by removing the threat of moisture?
I'm afraid you probably won't find an answer here.  Maybe you could check with cabinet makers or patio furniture designers or something.   

Offline TRWeiss1

• Tornado Storm II
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 11:46:14 AM »
A) Find some roommates that appreciate foosball, and a nice table.
B) Move table inside.
C) Enjoy playing with roommates.

:D

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 02:18:41 PM »
Okay, well maybe you can help me with this:

I'm trying to play foosball as best as I can by passing from 5-bar to forwards and usually shooting a pull shot. My roomates are impatient and don't really put up much of a fight on defense. In particular, they think I play too slow of a game. How do I get them interested in playing a more controlled game that includes passing and set shots? Or, am I possibly being to slow and boring with my game?

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 05:45:27 PM »
Woop 'em at "their fun style game" for an hour or so (minimal passing, minimum time per rod - work on your speed)... after you all get your fill... work on your skills on the table by yourself.  Then find some local competition outside of the house to challenge yourself and your "pro style game".

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 04:20:06 PM »
that this won't work anymore when it begins to rain, but for now I'm concerned about sunlight and moisture in the evenings.

You can't put a tornado table outside.  There's no way to protect it.  Get new roomies, ASAP.

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 05:35:53 PM »
Before you put the tarp over it, open a dry box of baking powder and set it inside to draw the moisture.

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 08:01:21 AM »
you can always sell me your table, ill give it a nice home...

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 08:06:46 AM »
.....(spitting on my hand).... we'll call it 50 bucks ;D