Foosball.com Forums

Best players I havent heard of...

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: Best players I havent heard of...
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 07:07:21 PM »
sorry, I got side-tracked

you want a peice of me?  what?  you talkin to me? well I don't see anyone else around, you talkin to me?

you want to play for blood, "I'm your huckleberry"  "That's just my game" and you say, "I was only foolin bout that" and I say, "I wasn't"

hey, any time any of you are in KC, you call me and we will make sure we get together and play games, drink, trash talk, have fun, and work our arses off to beat each other...I should always be able to round up a player or two from around here who would enjoy beating, ah, I mean, playing you all

doc

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 06:31:28 PM »
Definition of "Grandmaster of Table Soccer": someone who skunks Masters and makes them whine and call refs; someone who beats the current #1 ranked Master for cash and hardware in an Open event; someone who skunks the current Masters' Singles Champion while the Green Jacket is still new enough to wear...
My goodness, what about a Doubleskunk? Nine in a row........

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 11:08:10 AM »
g-mas you should post a video of your playing abilities.......Skunking a promaster thats impressive....How long have you been playing?  And you have to tell me who you skunked....

Offline Billings Semi-pro

• Front pin'n the Tornado table!
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 01:19:15 AM »
If a fooser was to list off the promasters he has beat wouldn't seem like he was pat'n himself on the back a little?

OK-I will pat myself on the back first.
2005 Colorado State Championships

Open Singles

Beat WARREN VANLANDINGAM JR (master)
 Beat SHELLY LANGLEY (master)

took SERGIE ARAGONES (master)to meat ball but lost

DYP (with WARREN VANLANDINGAM JR)

Beat TRACI BRUBAKER(pro) / JOHN GREENGO (pro) (17th or better)
          Beat BILL HAYDON / RYAN MOORE (9th or better)
          Beat SERGIE ARAGONES )master)/ CURTIS MASON(pro) (5th or better)
          Beat MOYA TIELENS (pro) / NATHAN WINTER(master) (Winners Bracket Final)
          Lost To SERGIE ARAGONES / CURTIS MASON (Finals)

2002 Hall of Fame Classic
Draw Your Partner (with ADIL HIZOUNE)

Beat BRANDON MORELAND / ROBERT SACHS (Loser is 7/8th)
          Lost To ROBERT ATHA / ANTHONY BRANNUM (Loser is 5/6th)

Offline Rios

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 06:39:36 AM »
I heard that there is a guy from Iowa that is a real "unknown"...

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 01:30:05 AM »
The best coach in the world of foosball is Roger Olson, also known as Grandmaster.  Anybody who wants to learn from the very best should go pay him for lessons at about a hundred bucks an hour.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 01:34:19 AM by invisiblesmoke »

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 06:52:33 PM »
I started playing in 1959. Thank you for the nice complment inviz, however I must tip my visor to my coach, mentor and friend, Billy Sumption for teaching me Professional Foosball when I was just another bar hack with a bump kick. When I met Bill he beat me 8-3 on a DM in a bar called the Prospector Saloon. He asked me to play goalie for him after the trouncing. When I asked him why he wanted me on his team he promptly replied " Because we shot the same percentage, 100%. You were 3 for 3 and I was 8 for 8. No one else here has done that." I was 17 at the time and too young to be in there.
Roger "Foos" Olson 605-391-5958
Grandmaster of Table Soccer
920 Van Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
"Get DOWN Billy!"
PS- I invented the 3 step method to learn any deadman in the winter of '76-'77. Anyone who needs to learn any deadman with any hand needs to be shown this SIMPLE way to shoot!

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 08:26:16 PM »
Please share! Whats the 3 steps? Any time we can share techniques, that is what will make this board more popular.

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »
please do   my email is www.chancegwaltney@aol.com

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »
I turned 50 this year
i play like a 20 year old after a long long lay off Im starting to scare the local players I cant wait to play the best michigan has to offer.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 04:25:23 PM »
chris traynor is a Michigan guy stuck in KC and he has been playing fiesty old guys for quite a while now so I am thinking you won't sneak up on at least him

and foosaround69 is in his mid 40's he tells us, so you won't be the only old guy with game trying to make a statement

wish I could go, chris and I play real well together

maybe some other time in the not to distant future

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 09:32:20 PM »
GM, 1959? Holy Crap! That is 9 years before I first payed. Hmmm, maybe I'm not Old Meister after all, maybe just Meister,,, naw, they wouldn't let me have that handle. Where in the world did they have tables in 1959?(State, City)

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 10:50:36 PM »
If memory serves it was called The Hole in the Wall, in Rapid City, South Dakota, and was still open and active at least into the mid 1970's.  I think the coin slot took dimes.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 10:54:13 PM by invisiblesmoke »

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »
I finally broke down and registered after I saw the reference to Ft Sill and couldn't resist.

foosinaround69, What time frame were you at Ft Sill?  I live in the area and met a lot of transient players due to the base, the best of which was probably Scott Stewart.  Scott and I played pretty well together, especially for a couple of goalies.  We threw a going away party for him his last weekend and we didn't win a single game all night.  A couple of the youngins were hot (but we blame the beer).

I also got to meet several foreign players because of the International Student Battalion.  Did you meet any locals?  I just got curious to know if I had met you.

And finally, to JW...Hi, sorry for lurking so long and never posting.

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 02:02:09 AM »
Hey Mr. Mark Jones when you coming to back to town for fresh supplies?