Foosball.com Forums

Michigan State Championships

Offline foosinaround69

• No garder snakeshot here, just the AnacondaBackpin
Michigan State Championships
« on: February 03, 2008, 12:09:56 AM »
I'm looking for a pro partner who is a great goalie on Mar 7-9 for a couple of events. It's my b-day on the 7th so I looking to kick some major butt!!!! >:( I'd love to team up with a pm if at all possible but...you know how that is...So if you have the skills to make it happen from the goalie position and want to win,  let me know...hey I saw Tom Yore on here maybe...uh ..probably not...lol :(  Hey stahl give me a call!!!!

Offline Steve

• Showdown
Re: Michigan State Championships
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 11:15:21 AM »
theres a tournament in owosso mi. feb 10 at capital bowl good players 4 tornado tables.Pass the word.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 12:41:25 PM »
Hi there.. i was wondering whether there's any foosers around kalamazoo area.. i wanna join michigan open but i'm new here.. im from malaysia.. any1.. ?

Offline foosinaround69

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 01:24:43 PM »
Suan,

There's a place to play in Kalamazoo called Bilbos I can't tell you how to get there but I am sure you can find out where it is. A few of my friends go there on Thursday nights. They also come here to Grand Rapids for our weekly tues night turnout! We have been foosin together for the better part of 15+ yrs and we would love to have some new faces in the mix. I don't know if you know Alex Ooi(sp?)(national rookie doubles champ)  he used to come and play, but he moved back to Malaysia. Sometimes Ron Olson will come up and play. He's a promaster and a good guy.  So by all means come on out sometime we'd love to have ya, and bring some friends as well. The more the merrier. :) It's $10 per man and depending on the amount of teams that night we pay to third, unless it is only four teams then we do winner take all. Usually we have five -six teams. If you have no experience don't worry I think we only do $5 a man for those who haven't played in tourny's before. Hope to see you soon!!!  if you have any  ???'s e-mail me at foosinaround69@yahoo
Happy foosinaround!!!!  ;D

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:33:52 PM by foosinaround69 »

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:20:21 PM »
yeah i know alex.. he's back in malaysia now.. i asked him for som advice on who to look for and stuff around here.. yep i know where bilbo's is.. i will try to go there ocassionaly to play.. but grand rapids is quite far away cuz i dun have a vehicle yet.. do tell me if u guys are coming down to kzoo area.. i will be more than glad to meet u guys up !.. thx so much btw.. if u have msn messenger or something could you add me? my e-mail is suanloong88@hotmail.com

Thanks.. :)

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 11:16:03 PM »
you all know Chris Trainor then who is now here in KC....I know Chris real well now

he is getting all warmed up for the tourny and he is looking good

Offline foosinaround69

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 02:02:57 AM »
bbtuna

Tell chris I said hi!!!!(Tim from G.R Michigan) He beat me when I was in the king seat the last time we played against each other.2006. As a matter of fact he and Gary double dipped us. >:(  He's a good guy and he can tell you how I shoot my backpin!!! Ask him if he has ever seen anyone shoot it the way I do. He told me he was totally lost as to where he should block it. For the last point I called time out, got back up to the table 4-4 match point ...I shoot ...It beats him to the hole but it hits the corner of the goal comes toward me,...banks so quickly back into the goal past my goalie to win it for them >:( It was a hard fought match....I had it...damn it. ...oh well.. Funny thing is ..is that my partner and I had never played together before that day and him and Gary had played together on a regular basis. So I thought we did pretty good considering  :D He's a real nice guy and I wish him well this year. I'm sure I'll see him at states!!! Let him know I'm playing better than ever...Here I come baby...lol >:( 8)

Offline foosinaround69

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 02:25:10 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 02:29:18 AM by foosinaround69 »

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 05:28:53 PM »
I will definately tell him and get him to come to this board...He has been facing my backpin for the entire time he has been here and I think he will be better equiped to face you than in the past...he told when he first got here he gave my backpin no respect even scoffing at it (nothing new really) but it was a very short time following he came and told me that and that he saw it wasn't a novelty shot...he could tell you as much, good or bad, about my backpin as anyone (well my whole game for that matter)

we are very competitive, it sort of goes in spurts...I think i have the slightest edge overall but he probably feels the same way...I couldn't say for sure, we are both pretty confident against each other although he has had trouble with my backpin recently which he has addmitted but that kind of thing goes in cycles so I am sure it will come back around one of these days

you know he won rookie natiionals right?  i think, if I heard him right last Friday, he said he was lefty...now I never noticed that before (and I almost always do) but if that is true it makes a lot of sense ... his 5 bar offense has really gotten good, his 3 bar is getting strong, and he already has a good 2 bar...i think he is a good goalie (which is the position I think he has played primarily in the past) but he is a better forward in my opinion and he is really good coming out of the goal to the forward position

anyway, i will let him know you said hey

Offline foosinaround69

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 01:56:38 AM »
Thanx, I'm glad to hear he's getting better. Like I said he is a good guy. It wasn't too bad to lose to him. Yah, I was going to mention that he won rookie nationals I just forgot to mention it!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 12:47:03 PM »
    They also come here to Grand Rapids for our weekly tues night turnout! We have been foosin together for the better part of 15+ yrs and we would love to have some new faces in the mix.

Where do you guys play in G.R.??  I am from Kzoo too.  I might want to head up there to play.  I played a long time ago and and just starting to get back into it.  I got a table for Christmas and want to learn how to get better.

Thanks!

Offline foosinaround69

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 02:17:04 PM »
We play at a friends house. He has two tornado tables and we usually have 4-6 teams sometimes more. If you'd like to come up some time we'd love to have you. Give me a call sometime at 616-916-7018 and if I don't answer then leave a message and I will let you know how to get here. Bring some beer and have some fun. Everyone is real cool and I'm sure they'd like some new faces!!! :) Now before the state championships we are doing all bring your partners.Hope to meet you soon...Happy foosinaround 8)

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 11:07:42 PM »
To Foosinaround69,
  I'm looking at getting back to playing. I played back when I lived in NY and currently live in Jenison. Any suggestions on where to play?

Offline foosinaround69

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 06:49:48 PM »
yeah, come on over when we play at Camels on tuesday nights. my # is up above your last post. Hear from ya soon!!!!

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 06:52:12 PM »
foosaround, Chris said hello and he says you have a smokin backpin...he says you are really good with it both ways and he said, "it is the fastest backpin...ah, I mean your is fast too, but...."  I said, "No problem" ... I am not insulted, I am 50 and I don't shoot it to be fast, I try and shoot it smart...I mean, I think it is fast enough but I am not young any more and I can't rely on pure speed like I could when I was 20

anyway, Chris says it is good, then I am a believer...I tried it out today doing an opened handed backpin ... it was fun...not nearly the control (for me just trying it out) but I got a lot of crank on it