Foosball.com Forums

More skill on TS or Tornado

Re: More skill on TS or Tornado
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 05:14:26 AM »
I think Dave Gummy's finish in worlds last year would have to be considered competing. lol.  Even though Todd plays goalie for the best player in the world, he still can compete in other events. Horton could still compete. Terry M. and Tracy were not around back in the late 70's, if they were they didnt do much. Also the rankings and ratings today are a joke, they are definitely not a true indication of a players true rating. Half the good players today dont even travel to the Worldchampionships. As far as adusting to another table the answer is "how good is the player" whether an old schooler or new age. I have won on every table I have played on. Green top , Blue top, Brown top , selti,  Dynamo, Toronado, Legend. Adjusting takes about 20 minutes. In my opinion the Toronado is the easiest table to pass on, the TS is the easiest to score on. I know your not pushing an opinion, just thought I would trade some thoughts with you. lol.     Watch me play sometime. If you love different styles you will enjoy my game.                                                Rick Martin.     

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 11:08:05 AM »
Rick Martin, droppin by, that is an honor...thanks for stopping in - your insights and perspectives are always quality

I was fortunate enough to see you play my first go around with foosball...you were a monster and the talk about your ability in singles buzzed around a tournament room and I think that was true not just for up and comers like me and my friends but among the best in the world at the time

I have always found this old school new school arguement to be rarely balanced...the new school leans toward new and old school leans toward old players or table...I have never heard a compelling arguement to sell me on the dominance of either era - table or players

I believe that if you took the top players at the top of their game, with the incentives that were around during the TS/foosball explosion (money and fame) of the 70's, and dropped them onto any table, they would all compete as well as at any time during the games history...the only player I think might transend that is Fred but we will never know...to see you compete with Fred when you were at the top of your game would have been a trip

anyway, I think the big differences between yesterday and today is that in the beginning there was money and fame and so the players were 100% dedicated and buried themselves in the game and so discovered how far the game could go (up until it died) today, the players start much younger, play many more years, and get the benefit of the information discovered by the first generation of players

only one player in either generation has sustained making foosball their full time profession for more than 4 or 5 years and that is Fred which is why, in my opinion, that he dominates still after 10 years

but if you took Billy and Tony and Terry and some others and dropped them into a situation where they could play full time, make the kind of money you could make in the 70's (relative to today), and foosball was the talk of the town (on TV and in newspapers as the rage) we would all see some crazy levels of foosball

this comparing one era verses another is fun and it is done in all sports all the time but in the end, there is no way to prove people's theories, regardless of how logical or experienced they are, one way or the other

some people will not come to grips with this and will battle on trying to prove the dominance of one over the other and that is part of the fallout of debates like this but in the end, it is all just opinion and can not be proved

for me, I am proud to have been able to see you and other greats play at your best and I am glad you are still in the game these years later....I hope to see you more on this board in the days ahead and maybe sometime before I pass, I will have the good fortune of being able to play you one on one not to prove my skill but to play with one of the best foosball players of all time

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008, 12:41:06 PM »
By the way Fred learned on a solid rod TS clone. LOL

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 01:55:12 PM »
Fred learned on everything...notice the only table you don't see is the Tornado which is the only table he keeps upstairs in his house to play on regularly LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24345876@N05/2310950716/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 02:45:39 PM by bbtuna »

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »
You have to have it hosted somewhere like www.flickr.com.  Then to post a link using the HTML insert image hotlink button.  It is right below the Italics button on the post reply page.  A flickr account is free.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »
Ed,

thanks, that worked as a link...I appreciate the help

what about posting a picture right in the thread like I have seen done many times before?

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 04:31:24 PM »
holy f***ing trophies.....very impressive.....hmmmm id like to draw his name in a tourney...just sit back and watch....wish there were more videos out on him...but not too much..think ive seen most

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 04:44:41 PM »
LOL......."sit back and watch" ......lol .....if you think you can just sit back and watch ... your mistaken....I dont think you would do that...If you thiink about it, everyone in the Foos world knows hes the best player on the planet today...they play there haredest against him.......when you draw him ..{which I have} ..you have to play under the pressure of possibly being the only one in history  he didnt win with....lol....thats alot of pressure....

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »
that picture is almost 3 years old so the hardware has continued to mount and he was obviously out of room then

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 05:07:17 PM »

Just right click the pic on flickr, copy the link and imbed it between the  "{img}http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/2310950716_9a49583381.jpg?v=0{/img}"  Replace the { with [
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:12:14 PM by EDGEER »

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »
....wish there were more videos out on him...but not too much...

Hmmm... where might one find additional video of Fred? Hmmm... Someone help me out here... I just can't think of anyplace...  Hmmm... ::)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:59:41 PM by TSR_Brad »

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2008, 05:59:52 PM »
Alright Brad be nice --->   

Chance follow this link it will take you to hour upon hours of Fredrico playing on Tornado.

http://WWW.INSIDEFOOS.COM
I'm not sure how many there are of him on other tables.http://

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 06:03:07 PM »
Ice Man opps, I mean Brad (sorry guys) is being funny because he doesn't want to state the obvious or sound like a shrill but there are at least 10 years of Tornado Worlds and other tournaments available with all the Fred you want to see at Inside Foos Productions...it isn't free but it is really good and worth the investment if you want to get better

you will not only see Fred, but you will see all the best in the US and the last couple of years they have been adding in Euro tournaments so you see Euro players and other tables

this is one of the links you need to keep handy http://www.insidefoos.com/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 05:23:54 PM by bbtuna »

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2008, 12:39:12 PM »
should have clarified........Free videos......FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE/GOTTASELL MORECUSTOMERSATWORK/togetmoremoney%SOICANBUYVIDEOS%SOICANBESUPERGOOD.COM

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2008, 05:28:12 PM »
there is a ton of video on the you tube, it isn't great quality and it is shorter bites and you have to hunt for it but if you want free then that is the place to go

if you want quality, quanity, ease of selection, personal customer service, and the ability to watch anything you want any time you want then you want

INSIDE FOOS PRODUCTIONS

http://www.insidefoos.com/