Foosball.com Forums

Injury Question

Injury Question
« on: February 29, 2008, 08:36:05 PM »
 One of the latest of my friends to embrace foos injured himself playing. He had only been playing for 3-4 weeks when it happened. I was hoping someone here could help me to diagnose this injury. Basically , it happened during play one night and he didnt notice it untill he got home and "wound down". He's a tall guy , prob 6 foot 5'' and that may have played a factor. It took him a week or so to strengthen his back into foos-shape. Anyway the injury is to his right shoulder, but not exactly as far up as his shoulder. Kinda where the top of the arm connects to the collar bone. He says the pain is sharp when he tries to get torque on the ball, but that its only 2 inches of pain. He thinks its connective tissue or a small connective muscle. More on the front side of his body. Anyway, if someone has been through this or knows what it might be i would appreciate. He was excited and comin along in his game and i want him to find the right treatment. Also if its related to his height, what would be  a preventative change to his shot/form/stance. You guys are always so helpfull, thanks for your time. B

Offline EDGEER

Re: Injury Question
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:36:40 PM »
The only thing he can do is rest and not play until it heals.  Sounds like a tear in a tendon.  He should try to not use that shoulder until it is healed.  Maybe 12 to 16 weeks.  If he has good insurance a MRI would be surely find the problem.  If he is lucky it will be a partial dis-location and will heal faster.

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 11:58:12 PM »
Thanks Ed , he was over here tonight and when i asked him about it, he said it felt better but that if he turned a rod it might go back. So he thinks he should rest more as well. i'll relay 12-16 weeks.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 10:34:09 AM »
rest rest rest....if it doesnt dothe trick...see a doctor

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:19:08 PM »
Your friend really needs to go see a doctor. When dealing with connecting tissue it could be anything from a strained ligament to a torn rotator, hopefully not the later. He needs to find out so the correct treatment can be given. I found some helpful info here.

http://www.aidmyrotatorcuff.com/?REF=GRotatorCuff

As far as ways to prevent it, check out the thread on toss speed for a pull shot. The one thing I have never done is hurt myself playing this game and I never will. Use the proper fundamentals and technique and you won't either.

ICEMAN

Offline Rios

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 03:38:36 AM »
question...
did you friend ever play baseball or football??? Any kind of throwing sport?

He might have partially torn his rotator cuff... I played baseball all through out my life as a pitcher... and partially tore my rotator cuff... the pain is in front and it is kind of a burning sensation. Luckily I havent really had any problems since I started to play foos, but I sometimes get a slight twinge when i dont hit around for a while to warm up and go straight into a pull shot....

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 02:20:36 AM »
he used to play soccer