Foosball.com Forums

What's better? a twister 2 or a Whirlwind?

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
Re: What's better? a twister 2 or a Whirlwind?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 12:10:17 AM »
$1175 is what I paid for mine. That was from Charlie as well so I assume that is still the going rate.

And that's a damn good price considering I paid $1350 for a blond all the way back in 1999 and any retailer will quote you $1400-1600 now.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 01:45:57 AM »
Yeah but shipping adds like $200 so if you pick it up you save some $$.

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 02:24:34 AM »
Yeah but shipping adds like $200 so if you pick it up you save some $$.

PLUS if you buy it retail you will have to pay sales tax, so you save even more bux getting it on location. Charles will do you a good deal.

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 07:13:26 AM »
I have a chance to pickup a well used coin-op for $600.  is this a good deal?  I passed on it cause its a little beat and small wood have chipped from it.  would you buy it still?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 10:36:07 AM »
depends on the model and what kind of wear...I am guessing it is a Brown Marble and $600 is top end of their range now...must be good table surface and walls...exterio wear won't impact how it plays
if you have to replace the surface or all the rods or all the men or all the bearing or some large combination of those, probably would want to negociate the price down to $400

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 11:30:38 AM »
it is exactly a brown marble model.  playing surface was OK, rods looked OK but may be questionale.  the locks were drilled out.

depends on the model and what kind of wear...I am guessing it is a Brown Marble and $600 is top end of their range now...must be good table surface and walls...exterio wear won't impact how it plays
if you have to replace the surface or all the rods or all the men or all the bearing or some large combination of those, probably would want to negociate the price down to $400

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »
600 is to much if you ask me offer him 400 hell take it......economy sucks...show up with the 400 cash in hand and hell take it..

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 07:25:33 AM »
I did that.  I even offered $450 but he didn't bite.  table looked like **** so I passed.  I would be happier spending $1000 on a newer used coin-op. 
600 is to much if you ask me offer him 400 hell take it......economy sucks...show up with the 400 cash in hand and hell take it..

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 07:28:41 AM »
I am going to go with this plan.  How do I get in contact with Charles & Carlos?  Where is the info for the IFP open in ATL?  thanks!

Have patience for another month and attend the IFP US Open in Atlanta. April 17-20. You can picked up a slightly used Tornado Coin-op from Charles McIntosh there. He'll let you pick the table of your choice and box it up for you to take with you. What's nice is you can play on the table first to make sure all is right with it, or you can ask a Pro or Pro Master to look them over for you and help you pick the best one. Also, Carlos could give you some insight, as he is the one that oversees assemblage and proper specs of the tables for the tourneys.

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 11:43:07 AM »
thats why you say ill come look at it and drop 400 on the table and say thats all i got...if he wont sell it leave your number hell call....