Foosball.com Forums

New Table Rumors

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
New Table Rumors
« on: March 07, 2008, 02:43:19 PM »
can someone who knows Maverick (Russ King right?) get him to post over here, I have comments and questions about the new proposed table that Brandon Flathery is working on

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 06:36:30 PM by bbtuna »

Offline EDGEER

Re: New Table Rumors
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 03:08:44 PM »
It's Russ King not Scott.  Scott is good2bking I think.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »
I see 3 men on the goalie rod,,,, >:( Oh wait! It is a white spot on the picture where the other men might be. I don't see them on the red side so maybe this table might be worth a look see. Personally I would be happy if the old style Deutcher Meister table became the status quo,,,,  ;)  I loved those tables
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 07:28:20 PM by Old Meister »

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 08:04:30 PM »
It looks to me like a table of dubious construction. Take particular notice of the bolt-together cabinet... never a good sign. It also looks like it uses a lot of off-the-shelf Chinese parts. In fact, the bumpers appear to be the same exploding variety that were on the Corona tables at Worlds and if you were there, you know how high-quality those were. A mish-mash of parts usually gets you get a poor playing table.

I'd run from this as if I had hair and it was on fire. A step up from Warrior Table Soccer 1.0, but not a big one.

The one saving grace is that Johnny Lott's name is nowhere to be found on it. ;)

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 01:04:59 PM »
bolts dont look as nice i agree.....usually the more nuts and bolts holding anyhting together the worse the quality........

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 05:00:34 PM »
Hello everyone. This is the original post I made on the foosboard on feb 22. From this day forward I will be posting on this forum. Glad to be aboard. In the next few days I will catch everyone on this forum up to what has been posted thus far. Dont hesitate to ask questions.  MAVERICK

Greetings gang. For those of you who havn't already heard, the buzz on the west coast is a new foos table is on the horizon. Rumour has it the new table is going to be introduced to the players with a major size tournament in the near future. Hell, the word on the street is a whole new table is in the works. Great news if its true right? I mean we've all heard this story a few times havn't we? Told over and over again by every would be designer and promoter in the biz for decades. Sadly, in the end, they always come up short. A brief flash in the pan, followed by a not so gradual fade into oblivion. Never again seen by the eyes of man. You have to ask is this latest version of the story fated to die with the rest? Will it ever get off the ground at all? Well it seems to me its high time to lay some of these rumours to rest and maybe fill in some of the blanks left in whatever scuttlebutt information you may possess. Yes, the table already exists. Yes, I have seen it, and played on it. What I can tell you about it thus far is I approached it with much skeptcism. In truth, I probably wasn't giving it a fair shake. For although the Tornado tour is a pale imitation of what it used to be, it still boasts the best table on the planet. That being said, what happened next was a very pleasant surpize. The table played great. I mean jam up. Different is always fun, but if you add a good design and solid engineering intothe mix, the end result is a table ready for public consumption and worthy of a tour. Folks, this table is a winner. It starts with the cabinet design. Good looking and far more solid than its Tornado counterpart. A simple wall tap will no longer jar the table or affect the roll of the ball. Huge improvement. It has solid rods gang. I expected that to equate to a slow and cumbersome feel. What I got was fast and smooth action with and insane torque! The hard snap you get at the end of a good stroke feels and looks awsome. Pull and push kick shooters rejoice, thy deliverance hath come! The man is very similar to the Tornado version making the transition period from table to table almost nothing. Oh yeah, goalies, the bank is back! Like me, Evan Stachelek approached this table with low expectations and a cynical eye. Within 20 minutes he was hitting banks that were just sick. The ball handles perfectly. If you cant pass and catch with this man and ball, well.... maybe foosball just aint your game. The bottom line is this table is good to go. Pret-a-porter my friends. The beautiful part of this whole thing goes far beyond the obvious benefits and percs found in unveiling of a new top shelf table. It goes beyond the announcement of a new tour. The true beauty is found in all the lagniappe. The warrior table has the potential to bring the fun back to foosball. Remember when tournaments used to be a kick in the ass good time? While the thrill of competition will always be present in any tournament format, the fun found in the overall experience surrounding the tourney has been effectively dulled. In all likelihood beyond repair. Tournaments have become increasingly more expensive while payouts continue to dwindle. With rigid timelines and packed schedules what should be fun is much more like work. Fun value and comraderie have been bleeding away for so long, many have forgotten what it was like. Is it any wonder why players who have competed for so many years continue to drop out in droves? In days gone by you didn't have to win to enjoy the tourney. Only scant few players can win, so the tournament itself must be fun and affordable if the tour is to survive. Look around people. What youre seeing is a dying tour. So, rather than give up on a game that I dearly love, I cast my lot in with a new table and a new tour. Virtually all of you will find the table comparable, with many of you finding it superior. Ive only touched on few of the highlights this new table brings to the players, and in truth to the future of foosball in our country. I know its been looking grim, but hang in there gang, theres something good in the wind. So, thats it for now. New table, new tour. "Once more unto the breech dear friends. Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war." MAVERICK       

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »
Maverick,

thanks for posting over here...a few questions and comments

How close to production is the table?
When can people actually buy the table and how much do you expect regular retail to be compared with Tornado?
When will the new "tour" start and any idea of how many tour stops you are talking about and will the first year be announced all at once or one tournament at a time as you are ready?
How much does the coin-op version weigh?
Will the coin-op be the tournament version or will there be a special tournament version?
Will there be more than one home model at different price points?
This is a prototype, will the final production version have bolts as mentioned in a previous post?
What are the bearings made of?
What are the protursions at the non-handle end of the rods/bearings?
Are there plans for unique rules or tournament format and if so, can you provide some insights or will you adopt ITSF rules?
Will you share the plan for how you plan to promote the table, tour, and sport growth overall?

enough for now....thanks
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 06:56:04 PM by bbtuna »

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 06:48:21 PM »
also, comments I have for Tornado as well but I know they are less likely to make a couple of these changes but here are a couple things I would love to see in the production version

one other big thing which I think will be a win win...the end of the table where the score markers are...

should not be flat..it invites people to put drinks on it and on location that means many spills over the years...take away the flat surface and it will remove the temptation...or 2 inch long razor sharp spike honed to a fine point in a matrix configuration so that there isn't more than 1.5 inches in between each spike

table surface, rods, and bearings will last longer not to metion cutting back on liability charges from people reaching their hand inside to remove broken glass

they can add drink holders (strudy nearly indestrutable drink holders) as an option or build them in as Johnny Lott was proposing on Legend

also, for tournament play, there should extra hole drilled on either side of the scoring posts for additional posts...one for games, one for matches (in match play format), and one for time outs so they are easy to keep track of and anyone walking up will know the score, game, match, and time out situation at a glance - these wouldn't be used on location tables but there would be optional posts and colored disks for tournament tables

last, which I did not post on previously, I don't know what material the walls are made of but Johnny Lott said he found a nearly indestructable material that would virtually eliminate chipping on the edge of the goal...there may be a better way to address this, but one way or the other, this design flaw (in every table I have ever known about Tornado included) really needs to be addressed

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »
bump to Maverick

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 10:23:34 PM »
Maverick?