Foosball.com Forums

snake shot verses pull shot

snake shot verses pull shot
« on: August 16, 2005, 06:02:57 AM »
what do you reckon is the percentage of tournements won by a pullshot shooter and a snakeshot shooter? would you say tournements now won by most snakeshot shooter? :-[

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
Re: snake shot verses pull shot
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 11:11:48 AM »
what do you reckon is the percentage of tournements won by a pullshot shooter and a snakeshot shooter? would you say tournements now won by most snakeshot shooter? :-[

Last I looked was around 2000, about even numbers of pro-masters shot snakes and pulls.  Those two shots accounted for 92% of the pro-masters at the time.  Maggie Strong shot a push.  8 people (Jeep, Ken Alwell, Thor Donovan, Chris Dube, etc) shot push-kick or pull-kick--all of them were over 30, I think all over 35.  Rico and Djamal shot a front-pin.  And John Zoller shot crazy tic-tac mayhem.

From the 2000 Worlds to present, the forwards in open dubs and the players in open singles have had the following primary shots:
Snake: 11
Pin: 13
Pull: 6

Actually, I'm not 100% on Mares/Wydman at 2001 Nats.  I counted them as a snake, but it could've been Scottie up front which would change it to 10/13/7 snake/pin/pull.