Foosball.com Forums

Making a Coin-Op Table free

Making a Coin-Op Table free
« on: April 04, 2008, 06:03:22 PM »
Hello, folks!

I just bought a Tornado Cyclone 2 with a coin-op mechanism.  I want to make it a free play table.  It's currently set up to cost $.75, so I bought three of the plastic insert things, figuring I'd put them in the vacant coin slots and - voila!  But... they don't just slide in, it looks like I might have to take the coin-op mechanism apart, and want to learn as much as I can before I start messing around with it.  Maybe I should have bought an extra plastic piece for when I break the first one learning what I'm doing...

Anyhow, anyone done this before?  How do I do this modification?

Xander

Re: Making a Coin-Op Table free
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 05:49:13 PM »
Hey Xander... it's not too difficult....
Hmm, 1st a "cylcone II is a non coin op tornado"... so you have a T2000 technically.

You will have either a vert4 or a vert5 (number of slots in the coin mechanism), but they are similar in design for changing vend amount.   You do want to make sure you have 3 "BLACK" plastic pieces if the pieces installed in your mechanism alread are black.
Older coin mechs used "white" dummy pieces.

You don't need to remove the whole mechanism... just the "TONGUE" that slides in and out of the mech.... to do that....
.... remove 2 hex bolts/screws that are inside of the cabinet at the end of the sliding "tongue" which attaches the mech to the ball vending contraption.
.... next locate the 2 springs the pull the tongue back to center... and not "The Piece = Tongue Stop" that they connect to.  This piece is near the end of the tongue.  There is one screw that holds that to the tongue.  Remove it.
.... now you should be able to pull the tongue out the front of the coin mech/cabinet!
you may need to wiggle it a little bit
.... now just flip the tongue over and swap out the quarter slots with your plastic slots and reassemble.

That should do it....

Happy Foosing.... Jim