Foosball.com Forums

5 man D shake or try to race to the ball

Offline Steve

• Showdown
5 man D shake or try to race to the ball
« on: May 02, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »
How do you defend shake the rod or sit then jump after the ball?

Offline foosinaround69

• No garder snakeshot here, just the AnacondaBackpin
Re: 5 man D shake or try to race to the ball
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 12:21:15 AM »
This depends on the person you are playing. If you shake the rod you tend to do a pattern and it allows the opponent to time the pass easier....When someone just sits there I have a harder time cause you don't know if they are going to pop out and get it or just sit....Some people pass at the man in hopes you'll move and others pass the lane..You have to get a feel for your opponent ;)

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »
Ya I have been doing some reading on it since my D has been lame latley Im not as quick to react as I once was so I need a new plan. I need to watch Tommy A some more he seems to do well at blocking passes

Offline foosinaround69

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 03:36:42 PM »
Steve, when r you coming to foosball Tuesday night????   This week Mike Wyerowski is coming and so is James Bond and James Hart Guys who play in Detroit...I think you'll have a good time....We'll have quite a few teams coming out !!!!

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 06:24:17 PM »
not sure yet Ill be laid off for the summer soon then I can plan a time .There is a BYP at the dispatch next SAT May 10th 7:30pm

Offline foosinaround69

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 12:37:47 PM »
Well tell those guys out there that it would be cool if they came to G.R sometime and play here and you could come with them!!!! We all try and make it other places so they should come out and support us too!!!!   Give me a call sometime......got my # still??? If not, Let me know...I think I still have yours!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 05:42:36 AM »
Hey Steve, try this out. Since I have been banned from the other board, the poster named guest is yours truly. Some good info here. Hope it helps.

http://foosballboard.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6505&highlight=bar+defense+defence

ICEMAN

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 08:10:44 PM »
Great Info ill have to print it out and study it. 8) 8)

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 09:09:10 AM »
Obviously its different for each player. There is 1 person who has an amazing 5 man, and if i try to read/react or race he beats me every time with a fake or juke. I got to the point, where I realize im not stopping him every time...so I just guess. Ill try to bate him into juking by going for it once or twice. Next series I'll just sit, wont jump at all. Its definately not the most effective method, but I'm pretty new, and play against stiff competition. The guy relies more on juking and going the other way sometimes than reading the defense, so I can get him to pass it straight into my guy. Another good thing is he doesn't always pass hard with his fakes so they are easy to catch(when I manage to find my way into the balls path). A lot of stick passers have a pattern. I noticed 1 semi-pro in my area who does a tick tack between is middle and closest guy, with some contact with the 2nd guy. I caught onto him quick and did decent job. When he goes to his 2nd guy, he normaly sets up for a quick pull-wall. When he's tic-tac'n he either goes for a fake tic and goes wall, or he does a lane brush. Main thing would be to find out what works against who, and understanding that your not going to always stop people. Although this wouldn't work for me in a large tournament, as I play against these guys weekly so I can pick up on the little things.