Foosball.com Forums

A new old" foosballer"

Offline Steve

• Showdown
Re: A new old" foosballer"
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 08:53:15 PM »
BBQ Babe`s foosball it dont get any better. whitch one are you?

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 09:11:48 PM »
first pic, left side, white shirt :)
or...the one that looks pregnant :o

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 08:35:36 AM »
I'm telling you it is a trend, "boomer" foosers coming back to the game. Warrior and Tornado take note,,,

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 03:14:17 PM »
I'm telling you it is a trend, "boomer" foosers coming back to the game. Warrior and Tornado take note,,,

I was thinking the same thing, with all those grey heads around the table. The only thing missing was me, lol

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 09:41:42 PM »
"Grey Heads"   I thought that was just the reflection off the damn light I put up to see better.......I mean to brighten up the room  ;)
But Wildcard, or any of ya are welcome anytime   8)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 09:51:58 PM by stangbum »

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 08:18:49 AM »
I will be trying to contact my old partner to see if he wants to get back in to it try to win some local tournaments befor Ken.Or have fun trying

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 11:31:36 AM »
I will be trying to contact my old partner to see if he wants to get back in to it try to win some local tournaments befor Ken.Or have fun trying

You know, that got me thinking. (could be dangerous) :)
I am going to try and find my partner from way back and see if he would like to crank it back up !   ;D

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 10:44:47 PM »
I took my old partner with me (my wife) to a foos hot spot. It was sweet! She doesn't even realize how much game she has but those who played against us did. What a devilish woman she can be, lol. 3/4 speed pick apart game, perfect for destroying overblown egos or high speed offenses and defenses. And she doesn't even think it is anything out of the ordinary after nearly 30 years since playing. Life can be sweet, the 70's rule,,,

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 12:03:08 AM »
Sounds like the bug has got ya again what did you play forward back in the day?

Rock on

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
Just a quick update,  :) going to a sports bar uptown soon with some friends. Will get to try a Tornada for the first time.
Any pointers or tips, cuse this friends I am going with have been playing on this table and they are saying I won't dominate like i did on my table, that they will teach me a lesson (just friendly talk  ;))
But I want to be ready. ;D

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 01:51:36 PM »
Tornado is slick so pinning the ball will be difficult.   Be patient, move slow and deliberate.  Just have fun, progress takes little bitty baby steps.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 02:25:14 PM »
the ball is heavy compared to most tables and it comes off the back wall very fast if you aren't used to it

you can pin and have control but it is one of the hardest tables for this so it will take some getting used to but it has benefits too...ball rolls true, the table is level, it is easy to do tic tac stuff, a brush pass works better (but a consistant chip uphill is really hard which is why you don't see much or any of it), its accurate and consistent for inline shots, the wing men (extra 2 guys on the 2 rod) can be used to trap balls coming into the goal area and are useful in setting up push and pulls

have fun, if you dominate them on another table, you will dominate them on Tornado too after making adjustments to play style...let us know how it works out

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 03:52:15 PM »
Hey Stangbum,

If you're in Asheville, you might want to come out to Norton's Grille on Friday nights.  Two new F5 Tornado coin ops, (the tour table) and a draw your partner tournament every Friday night.  Usually 8 - 10 teams.  One of the best foosball scenes in the Carolinas.  Norton's is located at 1078 Tunnel Road.  Draw starts at 8:30.

Hope to see you there,

MJ

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 10:44:31 AM »
Thanks everyone for the tips, will take them with me :)
I am basically a simple push-pull man when it comes down to it, don't likt to play fast, like to keep it slow and dileberate.
Thanks for the invite MJones, I will talk to them and see if they would like to try it. I don't think any of us are ready for tournament play yet but sounds like fun just to come out and have some fun. 8)
I will keep you posted.  8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 10:47:38 AM by stangbum »

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 03:46:57 PM »

Hey Stangbum,

We have all different levels playing in the draw.  C'mon out.   The more the merrier.  Believe me, if you love to play foosball, you're ready for a tournament.  You'll pick things up a lot faster.  Hope to see you tonight.

MJ