Foosball.com Forums

Tornado rod support block size?

Tornado rod support block size?
« on: January 20, 2011, 04:49:40 AM »
Anyone know the dimensions for a tornado rod support block?
The table is about 10 years old and was 1 step down from the split top version.

Thanks

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: Tornado rod support block size?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 05:07:53 PM »
The dimensions would be the same, whatever the model (as far as I know).

As for the dimension itself, it is the same dimension as the bearing wrench (short side of the bearing wrench is the correct height).  SO...you can always just use the bearing wrench for rod support.  I am assuming you are using it to support the rod when replacing the pins in the men.

PR

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »
Not sure if I would use the newer style bearing wrench tool that is black...the older white version, which was a lot beefier design, is probably more suited to be used as a rod support block.  I'm sure someone could measure the short side of the bearing wrench tool for you, which as Pay mentioned, is the ideal height for the rod support block.

Offline KX5

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 08:32:36 PM »
when i measured my black bearing wrench with a tape it looked like it was right at 2 3/4"

But if you want it a little more precise i measured it with a Vernier Caliper and the exact size is 2.786

So 2 3/4" would be about right.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 04:37:24 AM »
Thanks everyone for your responses!

The 2&3/4" is what I was looking for.
Unfortunately I don't have a bearing wrench for the table anymore and had completely forgot about the bearing wrench and rod support block size thing.
The table I am working on was mine about 8 or so years ago. I then sold it to work (to help finance a split top) and left most of the maintenance stuff in the break room with the table.
Well after 8 years all the stuff is now gone, either used or thrown away.

Jeez that table was a mess! Took me about 30 minutes just to clean the playing surface and inside walls!
I'm still waiting on delivery of the compression pins to replace a few men and handles then it will in pretty good shape again.

I might have to start practicing a little and see if my screwed up wrist can handle playing again :)

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 09:17:30 AM »
Thanks everyone for your responses!

The 2&3/4" is what I was looking for.
Unfortunately I don't have a bearing wrench for the table anymore and had completely forgot about the bearing wrench and rod support block size thing.
The table I am working on was mine about 8 or so years ago. I then sold it to work (to help finance a split top) and left most of the maintenance stuff in the break room with the table.
Well after 8 years all the stuff is now gone, either used or thrown away.

Jeez that table was a mess! Took me about 30 minutes just to clean the playing surface and inside walls!
I'm still waiting on delivery of the compression pins to replace a few men and handles then it will in pretty good shape again.

I might have to start practicing a little and see if my screwed up wrist can handle playing again :)

Hopefully the wrist isn't acting up on you any more...on to the next questions, do you still have the split top?  What condition is that in?  Did anyone at work get ito or become a serious fooser, or was it more a fad/novelty thing and people eventually just stopped playing???

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 08:55:04 PM »
do you still have the split top?
The wrist problem just would not let me play (at most i would last for 4 best of 3 matches before it gave out ) at the level I wanted to so I ended up selling it. I have had this wrist problem for about 15 years now and it got steadily worse from playing foos. Before the injury I shot a pull , after I couldnt shoot it more than 5 or 6 times so I went to a rollover which helped for a while. The real kicker was going to the HOF classic in Vegas around 98 or 99. It was just way too many games and by the time I left I couldnt even really play for 3 or 4 months. Had an awesome time while I was there though!

Did anyone at work get into or become a serious fooser, or was it more a fad/novelty thing and people eventually just stopped playing?

Well mostly it was a fad novelty thing. Several people actually had some talent. I tried to give them as much help as possible and get them down to the weekly local tournaments but that never panned out.
We recently got a ping pong table at work so that has been the big thing now with foos on the backburner. Once I get the table back in shape maybe a few will pick it up again....who knows?