Foosball.com Forums

KUNG FOOS NIGHT

KUNG FOOS NIGHT
« on: June 06, 2008, 03:58:12 PM »
KUNG FOOS?

“Ah Master, tell me the secrets of the ancient art of Foos”
“Yes, Grasshopper, but it will take much work, much practice.”

Attention B Players: this is your chance to learn the art of passing, shooting, and defending from the D.C. area’s best foosers.            

Attention A Players: this is your chance to pass on your skills and raise the level of a local B player.

Each B player trains with an A for the next 5 weeks. Training times and locations to be arranged by players. Many will be meeting before the weekly tournaments at BWB.

Then the “B” players show off their skills at:

BWB’s KUNG FOOS B-PLAYER NIGHT
Tuesday July 15th

Events include:    
Forward Shot out
5-bar wars
Goalie wars
Singles

Entry fees & payouts will be determined based on # of players participating
             Payouts for every game won  & big  payout for overall winner

Kung Foos Masters  are expected to coach at the Kung Foos B-Player Night
AND will be allowed to sit at the KUNG FOOS MASTERS’ TABLE  which will be supplied with FREE BEER, PIZZA & WINGS. Of course there will be HUGE BRAGGING RIGHTS to the Kung Foos Master whose student wins!

Sign-ups are due by  Thursday June 12th with Pat Ryan foos4fun@comcast.net

Re: KUNG FOOS NIGHT
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 04:03:02 PM »
Kung Foos Student/Master pairings so far:

Shane &  Pat R
Rooz & Ahmad
Karl & Shahyar
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:54:18 PM by derwoodKat »

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 12:25:34 PM »
Thanks to John G. I must apologize for the typo "FORWARD SHOOT OUT' not "SHOT OUT"

Glorioso wrote me:
"When you say Forward Shot Out, does that mean that after each score the players take a shot? That sounds awesome!!"

Well John, not a BWB, but for sure one night at our house!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:43:39 AM »

Final details for the Kung Foos Challenge

Here we go!!

We have 10 players signed up for the Kung Foos Challenge!  And entries are now closed!

Here are Players (coaches)

Shane (Pat R)
Karl (Shahyar)
Kitty (Lenny)
Rooz (Ahmad)
Daniel (John G)
Rick (Pat R)
Harriet (Pat R)
Shan (Tim B)
Mike (Eric N)
Ryan (soon to be determined)

This looks to be the next great group of players. 
And special thanks to everyone who has stepped up to coach and pass along some foosball knowledge to the newer, less experienced players!!

The Challenge Event will be held Tuesday July 15th (the tuesday before the Maryland Classic)
The matches start at 8pm SHARP.  And I mean sharp!!  Please arrive a little early to pick up your match cards which will tell you who to play, in what event, and at which table.

I have changed the format (just a little) from what has been previously posted, due the a larger than anticipated number of registrants.

There will be 4 events
    Goalie War (this will be 1 game to 5 points)
    Forward Shoot Out (this will be 1 game to 5 points)
    5-man War (this will be 1 game to 5 points)
    Singles (this will be 2 out of 3 games to 5 points)

Each player will play 2 matches(games) of Goalie War, 2 matches(games) of Forward Shoot Out, and 2 matches(games) of 5-man War.
Each player will play 3 matches (2 out of 3 games) of singles

So, in total, each player will play 6 specialty matches, and 3 singles matches.
Each player is guaranteed 9 matches for the evening (minimum of 12 games, maximum of 15 games)

The best overall record will determine the overall winner.  Ties in overall record will be broken as follows:
    1st tiebreaker is singles record
    second tiebreaker is sudden death singles match...1 game to 7 points win by 2 points to a max of 10 points!

The entries are still $35 per player

The payouts will be as follows:
Players will get paid every match they win!!
    the specialty matches (1 game to 5 points) are worth $1 to the winner
    the singles matches (2 out of 3 games) are worth $3 to the winner
Additionally the overall winner will be paid as follows
    1st Place    $100  plus Trophy
    2nd Place   $50
    3rd Place    $35

Here is how the Entry fees breakdown for the payouts and expenses

$350 (Entries)

185 winners payouts
75 for the individual match winner payouts
20 for the trophy
70 beverages etc. for the Kung Foos Masters Tables (just a small token of appreciation for their time and effort!!)

There you have it!

Good luck and keep practicing hard!!

Pat Ryan

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:00:05 PM by derwoodKat »

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 10:55:17 AM »
Shane Wins the B-Player Challenge Tuesday Night:
Shane-No-Mane was victorious in a thrilling tie breaker finale with Kitty. After 4 hours of play in the Kung Foos B-Player Challenge Kitty and Shane were tied with 7 wins and 3 loses. Matches included Goalie war, forward shoot out, 5 bar passing, and singles. In the final match Shane's defensive 5 (or my lack of more than two kinds of passes) and shutting down my shots from the back were key. His new and improved  pull shot didn't hurt either! There is no question that in the last few months Shane has made huge improvements in his game . Congrats my friend!

Rick came in a close 3rd, Mike and Jim A were strong challengers for many in Singles and Goalie war, Karl had a rough night with his signature shots from the back showing up too late into the evening( lucky for us) and Harriet battled hard with her quick play in singles.

The open table was busy from 10:30-1am with Carlos, Ahmad, Lenny, Monty and a visiting Pro from CA...sorry I forgot his name

Thank you to the coaches: Pat, Ahmad, Lenny, Eric, and Monty

A special thank you to Pat who designed and ran the event to perfection!