Foosball.com Forums

Practice Table

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
Re: Practice Table
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2008, 10:22:28 PM »
Syronis, I think that Thomas Rios is from the Quad cities area and could probably hook you up. I don't know if he posts here but I know he reads the other board so you could try there too. Also, I don't know if you are anywhere near Charleston Ill, but they have big tourneys regularly, you can find some info about them in the forums at foosworld.com, I believe.

one idea that may work for you on transporting a table is when you find a table you like then check out the rental places where you are picking the table up, not where you are starting from, because you are deadheading one way. Budget, Avis, etc. all have one-way rentals. So you can drive to the table's locale with a friend in a nice economy car (or motorcycle) that gets great mileage and then rent the SUV/Cargo Van/Truck of your choice there and only pay to drive it back to your area (your friend follows in the car, of course) and turn it in after you've unloaded at your house. That could save you some bucks both in gas and in rental fees.

Or, you could wait until MO State and then purchase a warrior table there, it will probably be around the same price and put you on track for practicing for the IFP tourney circuit.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:28:52 PM by wildcard »

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2008, 11:34:59 PM »
Yeah, I saw Thomas Rios listed on Foozen website, which is for Iowa Foosers. I've considered the one way rental, but I'd probably have to pay for my friends gas there and back, after that's a factor, I think it'll be cheaper to 1 day enterprise cargo truck it.

I've thought about waiting for MO State, but I am so out of practice that I really should get a table, or I'll be TERRIBLY out of practice for MO State, more so than I will be already. I also wouldn't mind having a tornado and a warrior table in my possession. That'd be pretty cool, my roomate would probably think I was nuts. Which is fine, because he's crazy.

What is the progression of the Tornado tournament table. I know that the F5 is the newest, Gray marble.... but what comes before those?

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2008, 11:43:37 PM »
hey Syronis, sent PM

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2008, 11:45:56 PM »
Yeah, I saw it. I pretty much committed to buy the table from this guy in Des Moines. If for some reason he sends me an email back saying he sold it, then I'll surely send you a message back.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 09:14:18 AM »
syronis-good choice, you won't be disappointed

snake-eyes - I don't think Dube is doing the Sunday thing any more...weekly Thurs DYP at Sharks is Open one week and No-Pro the next - they have been doing really well (for KC) this year since moving to Sharks...they average 6 to 8 teams (8 the last 3 weeks in a row)

Kent only comes out every other week and I have only see him 2 this year because I have only been to 3 draws since Oct 2007 (most of which was intentional)

I see and play with the main players often outside and that is Chris Traynor, Steve Tran, Tom Kost, etc  ...  Matter of fact Chris asked me about MO States last night and he wants to hook up and I said yes...our games complement well...if we get in sync and do our thing, I think we will do well

whats your name, i will tell them all you said hey...I won't see Kent or Dube but I will see most of the other regulars tonight at a foosdrinkfest...by the way, Joe Rhodes, who has only been out 2 or 3 times in the last year and a half came out last night - he didn't make many more draws the year and a half before that...for the first time, I could see visible signs of his MASSIVE skills erroding...it is a dirty rotten shame that he can't pursue foos full time, he would be a top 5 player in the world if he could/would commit himself - even now

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »
Ok saw this table on Ebay, was thinking about buying it because of the moderate price. Seeing as I ran into troubles using craigs list and picking up a table... due to my credit history and lack of an open line of credit. Anyway long story made short... I was going to buy a table, but couldn't get it because I didn't have a way to pick it up in the end. This table is a T-2000, but not a Coin-Op. Is there a large weight difference, or any difference in the rods? I really just wanted an 'expert' opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300253604749&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 01:01:38 PM »
the only difference PERIOD is the coin-op mechanism and the coin box, and removable ball return - so just what it takes to make it a coin op...same base model, split top and all, just drill for coin-op associated changes...some say this equates out to 25 pounds but I think that is on the high side

anyway, playability difference is not enough to measure and you can replace the weight easy enough with sand or lead (which I recommend anyway)

However, this brings us to this table...it is a Brown Marble the oldest edition you can buy, I love the BrMbl but $600 is about $200 higher than the coin-op model BrMbl is currently selling for

the coin-op is worth more than the non coin-op (all things being equal) because it can be put in a retail setting and sold and it is the slightest bit heavier

I don't see how this is going to help you since it is so far away...you would need to have this person pack and ship and who knows how much that will be $150-$250 depending on what is need to pack it

so, you are into the $800 plus range to a Brwn Marble which is more than twice what it should cost

last thought...this does look like it is in good shape and if this person is the original owner and really only put a couple hours on the table, we may be looking at a like new, mint condition BrnMrbl HOWEVER
BLING BLING BLING...this does NOT look like a split top table so it is not the T2000 homemodel that I know

maybe BrnMrbl was different but the Blonde, Cherry, and 3 different Greys all had a T2000 model split top without the coin mech...I can't say that for certain with the Brwn but I am guessing so...

KEEP LOOKING...if you are willing to spend $800-$1000 save your coin and by a tournament used later model Grey Marble from Charles McIntosh...should be able to get them for about 1100 maybe a little less considering the market now adays - if you go that route, make sure you get the new upgrade kit as part of the deal

Offline Will17

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 01:07:34 PM »

s this cherry wood?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:26:23 AM by Arthur »

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 02:11:41 PM »
Thanks BB for all of your input when I have a question about a table. I would have bought that cherry coin op from Des Moines, but I just couldn't find the transportation necessary to move a table. It was a big let down to me for sure, and was probably why I disappeared from the boards for a week or two. I'm still really wanting to buy a table, shipping is the biggest problem. I even have the money to buy a newer model and have it shipped, it's just a matter of "is it worth it, or not".

Will, that's definitely a cherry wood.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 05:20:35 PM »
Will,

Yea, that is cheery, that is the table I have

Syronis,

no biggie on the table, no one here thinks of you one way or the other good or bad if you do or don't have a table so, No Worries Mate

"is it worth it"  well, that is entirely up to you...do you have the money, do you have the desire...only you can decide that

we often talk about Brwn Mrbls on here because people have limited budgets or whatever reason don't want to spend the money on a newer table

however, if you can spend the money, the late model grey marbles were a good table and if you can ensure you get the upgrade kit as part of the deal, then all the better

I am sure Charles McIntosh help you with all those details and he is the source for tournament used Tornado, he is totally 100% honest, and he is a reliable man of his word from my experience

I would be trying to get one of the tables from this years worlds which I assume he will end up with and they should include the upgrade kit

but, it is up to you if you want to spend the money, for me, when I bought my table, I bought it brand new, not even tournament used...now that is dumb by the way but I know more now than I did then but I don't regret a penny but I am a foosball freak

so, go slow, be patient, it will all come together...once you get the table, unless you want to change to Warrior or something else for fun, if you buy a coin-op and you take even minimal care of it, it will be the last table you ever have to buy

i used to play on a 12-15 year old brwn mrbl sitting in a bar with no care except what we gave it once a week on Fridays and it is still up and running and good for another 10 years with basic maintenance, that table in your house would last your entire life-time for sure

dang, I have still have a tournament used Brown Top TS that I bought in 1981 and it isn't half as well built as a Tornado

Offline Will17

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2008, 05:27:19 PM »
should I buy it? it looks like its in good shape, whats the most i should pay for it?