Foosball.com Forums

Warrior, Best Ball in the Foosball World!?

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: Warrior, Best Ball in the Foosball World!?
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 07:44:06 PM »
To This Week in Foosball,

Here's a quick link:

http://www.google.com/search?l=en&q=human+foosball&btnG=Google+Search

How about you put the link on your site?   ;D
And although you did "Kabammm" yourself, I still think you guys are awesome doing what you do.

You probably slave away righteously to put out your weekly, but hey, you all should go out more often... Y'know, smell the roses?   8)

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2008, 12:07:11 AM »
To This Week in Foosball,

Here's a quick link:

http://www.google.com/search?l=en&q=human+foosball&btnG=Google+Search

How about you put the link on your site?   ;D
And although you did "Kabammm" yourself, I still think you guys are awesome doing what you do.

You probably slave away righteously to put out your weekly, but hey, you all should go out more often... Y'know, smell the roses?   8)

LOL!!.............My Bad. :-)

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 09:37:51 AM »
especially Bonzini... I mean it looks like a toy.

Bonzini ain't no toy.  It's one of the more durable tables you'll find anywhere.  It sells for about $600 more than the top of the line Tornado.  It hasn't changed in over 30 years.  You might not like the style of play, but the quality is there.

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 11:48:31 PM »

Bonzini ain't no toy.  It's one of the more durable tables you'll find anywhere.  It sells for about $600 more than the top of the line Tornado.  It hasn't changed in over 30 years.  You might not like the style of play, but the quality is there.

I already directed an apology in a previous post. It was meant mostly as a reference to the aesthetics of the table, not the quality, and also as a reference that tables can be made incredibly different, and that doesn't necessarily mean they're bad.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 12:51:02 AM »

What I'm wondering is that with the dominance that Rico has over all FIFA tables, why I don't hear or read about him coming over to Bonzini tournaments and flexing more Belgian muscle.  Are there lots of Bonzini vids on YouTube or other places showing him playing this table?  I see a ton of Garlando, Leonhard, Lehmacher tables with Rico, but I've still got to see where he comes over to lord it all on NC and other French-style players..  What gives?

Is he under contract with Valley or something?   Wouldn't Alan Cribbs or Bruce Nardoci be overjoyed to have him come and validate their tournaments?  Why is it Billy Pappas and other Tornado players that seem to do well on Euro trips?  Is it because they're the only ones able to go?

Offline Will17

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 12:58:51 AM »
so far this year rico has won open singles 4 tournaments on bonzini, 3 on tecball, 1 on garlando, and 1 on tornado.  there is a good inside foos on youtube of rico playing an exhibition on bonzini, if you youtube his last name it is the first result... billy papas i havn't seen play, but i would guess the only chance he has of beating rico is on tornado. here is a link to fredrico's stats... http://www.table-soccer.org/rankings/players.php?rankingCompetitionType=SINGLE_OPEN&numlic=05600037

Offline Will17

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 01:01:33 AM »
speaking of that video, thanks to jim for posting some of those on youtube, i didn't see the point of buying any inside foos dvd's until seeing the quality of production online. i'm gonna be all over some of those dvd's now.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 02:05:51 AM »
so far this year rico has won open singles 4 tournaments on bonzini, 3 on tecball, 1 on garlando, and 1 on tornado.  there is a good inside foos on youtube of rico playing an exhibition on bonzini, if you youtube his last name it is the first result... billy papas i havn't seen play, but i would guess the only chance he has of beating rico is on tornado. here is a link to fredrico's stats... http://www.table-soccer.org/rankings/players.php?rankingCompetitionType=SINGLE_OPEN&numlic=05600037

Thanks Will!  I enjoy the music and promo-style Bonzini vids that I see, but those with Rico in it will definitely be much better.  I also wonder if you know if the ITSF's president Farid is involved with Bonzini and how much?

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »

What I'm wondering is that with the dominance that Rico has over all FIFA tables, why I don't hear or read about him coming over to Bonzini tournaments and flexing more Belgian muscle.  Are there lots of Bonzini vids on YouTube or other places showing him playing this table?  I see a ton of Garlando, Leonhard, Lehmacher tables with Rico, but I've still got to see where he comes over to lord it all on NC and other French-style players..  What gives?

Is he under contract with Valley or something?   Wouldn't Alan Cribbs or Bruce Nardoci be overjoyed to have him come and validate their tournaments?  Why is it Billy Pappas and other Tornado players that seem to do well on Euro trips?  Is it because they're the only ones able to go?

Moola, green, cashola, payday, tender,........ Rico plays the Majors here because it is profitable for him to do so. Same as Billy, its what Billy does for a living. Just as Alan said, they don't have Mega buck tourneys, if they did, you would see Rico, Todd, Billy, Gummy, Tom, and maybe even me!

What's up Alan/Coach?.

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2008, 09:41:17 AM »
I love that this Warrior thread had morphed into a Bonzini thread!!!

See what you started Syronis.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »
the thread was about balls/control - ball type and table control are so closely related that it is natural to talk about tables in general and how much control they each have and you can't talk about control without talking about Bonzini since it has as much or perhaps the most control of any of the main tables

if you made a "control" scale (stickiness), where would the tables fall?  All right, here is my take on it but I am totally guessing since I haven't played on some of these tables and those I have, Garlando and Bonzini, have been so long ago I don't remember....but you get the idea

no control--------------------------medium control----------------------maximum control

0-------10-------20--------30-------40-------50-------60-------70-------80-------90-------100
                                        Tornado (current) 45-55
                                                                                     Roberto Sport 75-85
                                                                                         TechBall 75-85
                                                                                           Garlando 80-90

Eurosoccer 80-90

Bonzini*85-95
                                                Tornado Revised 50-60
                                                                                            Warrior 75-85
                                                                 TS Green/Blue Top 65-70
                                                                                   TS Brown Top 75-85
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:51:54 PM by bbtuna »

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 03:39:05 PM »
In my opinion the Eurosoccer is about 80-90 control and the new Roberto is the same as the Tecball, further more has the New Leonhart and the Lehmacher P4P the same control and I think it's 75 points.

Nice diagram BB. :)

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 04:12:36 PM »
I love the diagram too BB.  I realize the thread started out as a ball topic - but as so often is the case, the thread weaves in, away, around and off topic. So...to stay on topic--

Does "Tornado Revised" mean "Tornado Future"? 

I don't have much experience on most of these - or at least the newer versions of most of these tables other than Bonzini and, to a small extent, Tornado so I can't honestly comment.  I did hear though that Jupiter was even stickier than Bonzini.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 04:36:30 PM »
only a handful of people on here would have played on all of these, ICE, Brad, Alan, and ?

Jupiter sure does have a ton of control, see the video below...also, a stopped ball pass i okay...gosh, I am glad we don't have that rule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bed9y7wL8sc

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 08:24:10 PM »
Derailing the thread was not my intention, but I'm glad it sparked what seems to be a good conversation/debate.