Foosball.com Forums

Wrist Conditioning

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Wrist Conditioning
« on: October 12, 2005, 08:49:01 AM »
I am looking for information on any kind of excercise tool to strengthen my wrists. It seems like i have lost some of my speed do to stiffness. And i am also shanking my snake shot not shooting it straight on my pull side.

Thanks

Re: Wrist Conditioning
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 03:39:14 PM »
Well hello again! We have been working on products that do just that. We will keep you posted on our progress.

Thanks

Debbie

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 02:00:22 PM »
I am looking for information on any kind of excercise tool to strengthen my wrists. It seems like i have lost some of my speed do to stiffness. And i am also shanking my snake shot not shooting it straight on my pull side.

Get a broom handle or dowel.  Get a 3' long piece of string.  Get a weight.  Tie the weight to the dowel (this is the tricky part, you need to tie in such a way that you can roll the weight up).  Hold the dowel out in front of you in both hands, with the weight halfway between your hands.  Use your wrists to roll the string up (lifting the weight).  Then unroll.  Repeat.  Switch directions (so if you were lifting it with the top coming toward you, next time lift with the top going away from you).  Fun for the whole family.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 02:02:14 PM »
Ever seen a "donut" for use on baseball bats?

What about a "foosball donut"...  or "foosball-rod" donut?

We've heard of guys using "arm or wrist weights" during practice sessions.

Would a foosball rod weight in place during practice sessions help with focused muscle development... or speed development?

Or, would it mess with your timing too much?  thoughts?   JimW

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 06:57:42 PM »
Ever seen a "donut" for use on baseball bats?

What about a "foosball donut"...  or "foosball-rod" donut?

We've heard of guys using "arm or wrist weights" during practice sessions.

Would a foosball rod weight in place during practice sessions help with focused muscle development... or speed development?

Or, would it mess with your timing too much?  thoughts?   JimW

I know Scottie Long used lead golfer's tape to weight the rods on his tables slightly during practice the year he won semi singles at nationals.