Foosball.com Forums

Rule of dead ball

Rule of dead ball
« on: January 25, 2006, 05:21:27 AM »
Whats the rule on if you loose posesstion of the ball when it is pinned or in a stationary position the person who caused it to go dead who gets to serve the ball?

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
Re: Rule of dead ball
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 01:37:03 PM »
If the ball was pushed out of reach from below, the drop goes to the other team.  If it was pushed out of reach from above, the drop goes to the team that has the serve.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 09:33:46 PM »
What do you mean by that lets just say i was about to shoot my snake and i messed it up and it rolled forward and went to a stop and the ball went dead who gets to serve and if it counts on every rod?

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 10:28:16 AM »
What do you mean by that lets just say i was about to shoot my snake and i messed it up and it rolled forward and went to a stop and the ball went dead who gets to serve and if it counts on every rod?

Who served the ball on that point? (if it's the first ball of the match it was determined by the coin flip, otherwise it's whoever got scored on last).

They serve the ball on their 5-rod unless:
1. The ref rules that the ball was made intentionally dead (e.g. to reset the time limits)
2. The ball was almost out of reach and it was pushed out of reach from the bottom (rather than the top).
If either of those is true, the other team (not the one who pushed the ball out of reach) gets the serve.

The above only applies to balls which are between the rods of 2 different teams.  If the ball boes dead between the goalie and 2-rod (or out of reach behind the goalie, hanging on the edge of the goal), you put it into play from that goalie area.