Foosball.com Forums

World's 2008 Results

Re: World's 2008 Results
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 02:18:45 PM »
I totally agree. I have never seen anyone play better with that kind of energy at 2:30 am on a Monday morning at the end of a major.  Tony was a machine.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 06:27:20 AM »
I totally agree. I have never seen anyone play better with that kind of energy at 2:30 am on a Monday morning at the end of a major.  Tony was a machine. 

Every time Tony gets into that "zone", tic tac'ing and then executing, it must be therapy, if not at least taking his mind off his injury's aches and pains.  And we all have to remember, Tony has to worry about paying off his HMO/PPO plus the Emergency Room overrides...   He's got to be really motivated now!  I pity the fool that gets in the way of his health insurance !!! 8) :P ;D

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 12:05:18 AM »
best singles matches ive ever seen, Tony the octapus

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 04:46:55 PM »
Tony pulled some of the sickest shots of a 2-5 series I've ever seen. In the 7 games they played I think he only missed 1 2-5 pass, and that
one happened to bounce back from his own 5 bar. His 5 bar was nearly 100%. Incredible.

-zeke

Offline MR.STEVE

• slowhand
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 10:43:38 AM »

tony has proven himself over and over how could there be dought.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 04:59:06 PM »
Yes, Tony's series is monstrous,

But I hope that a dozen or more young players start practicing and using those series, which is so much easier to execute if you've started it young and from the beginning, as kids are so wont to do.

Perhaps we'll have a half-dozen, maybe more young up N comers who, having seen how the series'es worked and how they were used, will incorporate those or even better series as they climb through the ranks.

Keep the balls relatively hard, round and even-bouncing and the US can keep stepping on the Euro and other players, as they so richly deserve, bragging about their ball control with balls and men that our grandparents could have controlled.  Players who want grippy, forgiving balls so they can override their nervousness, lack of practice, and lack of experience in ball control, DO NOT DESERVE TO PLAY in premiere events.  That's like lowering the high bar by 1 foot in a high jump Nationals or Olympics, so that duff amateurs can compete.   Does that make sense?  That's how stupid and inane ITSF recommendations are.  These guys want the equivalent of us sending NFL playoff-level teams to play their Premiere FIFA teams in a game of soccer, because they know exactly what will happen to their teams if they played even US College Football BCS teams in a game of American football.

Go Spredey!  Keep demoralizing and humiliating their *sses.  Then kick em in the teeth and other places while they're down.

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 05:38:55 PM »
Yes, Tony's series is monstrous,

But I hope that a dozen or more young players start practicing and using those series, which is so much easier to execute if you've started it young and from the beginning, as kids are so wont to do.

Perhaps we'll have a half-dozen, maybe more young up N comers who, having seen how the series'es worked and how they were used, will incorporate those or even better series as they climb through the ranks.

Keep the balls relatively hard, round and even-bouncing and the US can keep stepping on the Euro and other players, as they so richly deserve, bragging about their ball control with balls and men that our grandparents could have controlled.  Players who want grippy, forgiving balls so they can override their nervousness, lack of practice, and lack of experience in ball control, DO NOT DESERVE TO PLAY in premiere events.  That's like lowering the high bar by 1 foot in a high jump Nationals or Olympics, so that duff amateurs can compete.   Does that make sense?  That's how stupid and inane ITSF recommendations are.  These guys want the equivalent of us sending NFL playoff-level teams to play their Premiere FIFA teams in a game of soccer, because they know exactly what will happen to their teams if they played even US College Football BCS teams in a game of American football.

Go Spredey!  Keep demoralizing and humiliating their *sses.  Then kick em in the teeth and other places while they're down.

Jeez... Phil Kennedy with a spell-checker.  Give it a rest.  ::)

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 08:05:19 PM »
Jeez... Phil Kennedy with a spell-checker.  Give it a rest.  ::) 

Hahahaha LMAO ROFL !!! :D

A bit overboard there hah?  But I do stand by my analogies and despite actually being more comfortable on Euro tables, I have grown to admire American power foosball, high-speed, high-risk, absolute execution with less margin for error.  Now the international bodies are (not Americans) trying to influence it to be more of the same style as theirs?

And my observation of Valley-Tornado: after over ten years of supposedly promoting the game, they have less and less major events, and they still can't get placement on any cable or satellite channels, even in the 700's or 300's.  The more Valley changes, the stronger AND cheaper the Chinese knock-offs of Ed McCloud's hardball designs that Valley inherited will proliferate, and that will be the final judgement on Valley.

And no, I don't agree with Phil Kennedy on a lot of things.  But I've been to seven worlds, among others, and I have to agree with the majority, if you ain't a prospective proMaster for that ESPN coverage that Valley's been dreaming about for over ten years, then you're dirt.

About that spellchecker ... I've actually written a couple of the corporate ones, but I don't use them, don't need them.  I've done years of due diligence research and reports for prospective investments for GM, IMG and 1st Virtual Bank.  And let me tell you, if Valley promotions management, from top to bottom, were working in any of the top 500 most progressive & successful up and coming firms in America, they'd get booted out the 40th or higher floor windows so fast the people below would think it was a terrorist attack.  They're trying to sell a golden egg after coating it in sh*t.  IMVHO