Foosball.com Forums

Dallas Weekly Tournaments (again)

Dallas Weekly Tournaments (again)
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:24:16 PM »

Are there any tourneys in the DFW area on thurs or friday nights?

JJ Dakotas, Texas Billiards and Clicks Arlington all said they stopped.

Somebody has got to have one! (If not, can we start one up?)

My nights off work are thurs/fri so I can only make it these nights.

ALSO, There is a DYP tournament in Denton Wednesday nights at Cool Beans for those in the area. It's mostly bar players on dirty tables, but it's $5 entry, bar matches pot AND you get a drink and shot just for playing. Good times... ;D

Re: Dallas Weekly Tournaments (again)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:15:31 PM »
19049 Marsh Ln, Dallas

Format:Texas Draw
$5 entry cross your fingers hope and pray you dont get the drunk guy who thought he was signing up for the pool tournament.

Time:9:30pm
Shotgun start! sign up by 9:30.

Cya,
War

This was copied from Foosballboard website. Seems like they're still playing on Thursdays.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 11:29:01 PM »
19049 Marsh Ln, Dallas

Format:Texas Draw
$5 entry cross your fingers hope and pray you dont get the drunk guy who thought he was signing up for the pool tournament.

Time:9:30pm
Shotgun start! sign up by 9:30.

Cya,
War

This was copied from Foosballboard website. Seems like they're still playing on Thursdays.

Awesome, I called and verified they have Friday night tourneys and 5 count them 5! tables.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 12:59:54 AM »
Are there any tourneys in the DFW area on thurs or friday nights?   JJ Dakotas, Texas Billiards and Clicks Arlington all said they stopped.   Somebody has got to have one! (If not, can we start one up?)   My nights off work are thurs/fri so I can only make it these nights.

That would be a sad ...... no, embarassingly sad, sad day, when they stop having any locals in the Dallas Metro Area.  Might as well make all the foosers learn another language & replace all the Tornado's in the area with some "other" table..  :P ;D

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 01:41:36 AM »
haha,.... yeah I kinda laughed at first. I live in such a rural part of the country that the closest bar action is 90 miles away, but I mean the worlds used to be in Dallas, and I still see all kinds of posts (especially on foosballboard) from people in texas. I think for foosball to stop in dallas the town would have to burn.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 09:37:49 AM »
Good I'm glad and I totally agree, but thursday nights...where!? :D

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 06:55:42 PM »
  Good I'm glad and I totally agree, but thursday nights...where!? :D 

Gott imm himmel!  Didn't the Metroplex or whatever it's called now, have over a dozen tables and pickup games all week?  Or was that long ago? I'd check foosballboard.com/forums (join if you wish) because there's definitely a strong Texas/SW flavor there! 

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 09:50:47 AM »
I think Clicks-Arlington has their tournaments on Thursday and Saturday.  Clicks-Marsh is on Friday and usually has the toughest competition in the area.  JJ's has tournaments on Saturday and on the last Saturday of the month has a good add.