Foosball.com Forums

How do you feel about FAST PLAY and slop

How do you feel about FAST PLAY and slop
« on: October 30, 2008, 12:01:33 PM »
I see many players slow down the tempo just to set up a shot, nothing wrong with that and does slop count in a tournament these days?

Re: How do you feel about FAST PLAY and slop
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 01:58:26 PM »
YES....

Offline Yags

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 02:45:43 PM »
Yes, slop does count. Even though Daniel and Chase both told you the same thing I'm kinda hoping that you end this repetitive question that you keep on asking over and over again..

Happy Foosing

~~Yags~~

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »
Yes, slop does count. Even though Daniel and Chase both told you the same thing I'm kinda hoping that you end this repetitive question that you keep on asking over and over again..

Happy Foosing

Happy Slopping

~~Yags~~

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 05:40:25 PM »
Licorice,

I don't care how many times you ask the same question or how many people ask the same question

like any sport I can think of, any goal that is in is good...there is as much responsibility to the defender as the offensive player...shouldn't good defense stop slop?

also, it goes both ways so it all evens out in the end...not every game of course but in the big picture

the slower more controlled game is an American invention in tournament play...it was started to reduce risk and control tempo...that is where the same shot and pass series came from

but foosball is still young as a sport and like American football, over a long enough period of time you see evolution in approaches both defense and offense...used to be in College as an example it was Quarterback option run, run, run now it is a very complex "Spread" offense which is 60% plus passing (some more or less about near this)

defenses are behind on the Spread but they will catch up and eventually there will be another change...if defenses shut things down, it pushes offenses to evolve...so far, the mainly controlled game in foosball has evolved a little with the variety and pace of the game, especially in singles

but if you aren't used to tournament play and you are used to run and gun slop don't count (a very common bar rule) then tournament play might at first seem a little slow

either way, its all good...tournament rules slop counts the tempo is more control and the vast majority of shots are the same set shot series from each player but this is not a rule it is a function of strategy

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 06:58:55 PM »
BBTUNA, Thanks , I just wanted to clear up the slop question in tournament play, I support it all the way GOAL GOAL GOAL and If the game slows down... It's all part of the game. 

Nothing wrong with putting it out there.

PS Spinners for Beginners,  teach them well.  HOOOAH?

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 07:51:09 PM »
tempo is an important thing to the game of foosball , and yes slop counts

the rule goes a little something like this:
a goal is scored when the ball enters the goal , if the ball goes in and comes back out onto the table suface or leaves the table , it still counts as a goal
if there is any question if the ball enters the goal or not ,an official should be called

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 12:49:13 PM »
Yes, slop counts.Unlike women, it's not how pretty, it's how many.  Five ugly ones beat four pretty ones every time. :)

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 02:47:11 PM »
papas...nice
 :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X > :D :D :D :D

RULES
by the way, here is a link to the current rules, save it in your favorites and whenever you have a question, go here first and see what you can learn...some need clarification but all the basic stuff is pretty clear  - "...teach a man to fish..."

they are available in other languages but here is the english
http://www.table-soccer.org/rules/documents/ITSFRulesEnglish.pdf

ITSF (International Table Soccer Federation)
here is the main link - lot of interesting info here
http://www.table-soccer.org/