Foosball.com Forums

Newbie looking for a table - things to look for

Newbie looking for a table - things to look for
« on: December 07, 2005, 03:31:37 AM »
hi there

I found this website via google.  I found a lot of great info on foosball.

Anyhow, i am looking to purchase a used foosball table and seeking advice on things to look out for.  I am a newbie but i have small kids so I need something durable (arcade type).  This will be for home use.  What are some of things i should particular pay attention to?  Also, any mfg (& model) of tables you would recommend or avoid? 

many thanks for you input.

Richard

Re: Newbie looking for a table - things to look for
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 05:05:28 PM »
Hi mate i would recemend a tornado table you said that you would use it for home use so the storm2 would be good anough for home. if the price range is to expencive look on ebay hope this helps.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 05:23:53 PM »
hi Francesco

Thanks for the tip.  I am leaning towards Torando as I have good experience with Dynamo products (air hockey table). 

as for looking at a used table, what are some of the things i should look out for?  i presume that the playing field should be flat and that the rods are not bent.  What other common issues should be red flags when looking at a used table?  thanks

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 07:22:43 PM »
hi Francesco

Thanks for the tip.  I am leaning towards Torando as I have good experience with Dynamo products (air hockey table). 

as for looking at a used table, what are some of the things i should look out for?  i presume that the playing field should be flat and that the rods are not bent.  What other common issues should be red flags when looking at a used table?  thanks

Dead walls (make sure the ball bounces off the back end walls)
Chipped goals (make sure there's no substantial chipping around the goals).

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 03:15:06 AM »
thanks for all your replies.  btw, one of the posters mentioned about bent rods.  How likely is that to happen and what are some of the methods to straight it? 

as for a dead wall, i presume the test would be to bounce a ball off the wall.  Just curious, how does dead wall develop (or does it come that way??)

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 02:35:43 PM »
thanks for all your replies.  btw, one of the posters mentioned about bent rods.  How likely is that to happen and what are some of the methods to straight it? 

as for a dead wall, i presume the test would be to bounce a ball off the wall.  Just curious, how does dead wall develop (or does it come that way??)

Dead walls happen when the laminate seperates from the wood backing.  I think humidity is a major factor (e.g. if someone stored the table out in the garage), but sometimes it just happens.

Yeah, just bounce a ball off the wall.