Foosball.com Forums

Bonzini ball discussion

Re: Bonzini ball discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 12:28:27 PM »
Alan

Thanks for the info.  I can see the desire to make a more consistant ball but I guess the question is at what cost (from a quality/playing perspective that is).  I'm with you on protecting the uniqueness of the Bonzini game and it's obvious from the posts on this thread (and many others threads - MANY) that the Tornado players wish to protect theirs as well - and rightly so.  It's good to hear that your group held firm and will use the ball they prefer until an acceptable substitute is found.

With respect to the other fairly recent ITSF mandated/requested changes to the Bonzini , i.e. milling of the player feet and heavier table legs, these things make sense and I can see how they were intended to "improve" the table. However, the latest 1 man v 3 man issue for the Tornado boggles the mind.  I personally can't see any other reason for the change other than homogenization.  I think the "pros" and "cons" of the two setups are a moot point.  The table is what it is (or was what it was).  I guess we should feel lucky that the ITSF hasn't suggested such radical changes for the Bonzini table - could you imagine a B90 with counter-balanced plastic figures :'(

Anyway, like I said - I'd love to try out the new prototype ball if it fits the bill.  If you do like it when you try it - could you pick me up a few? 

Todd