Foosball.com Forums

Noisy bearings on T2000

Noisy bearings on T2000
« on: February 16, 2010, 01:47:34 AM »
Hi, I am new to this board so please inform me if there is better location for this post.

I bought a used T2000 about 4 months ago and of course I did not notice until after that when the rods move there is a heavy hissing sound from the bearings. I have since cleaned the rods and bearings and added varying amounts of silicone to no avail. I can get use to the sound but it is pretty annoying. I noticed  the rods seem to have a bit of play in the bearing, but I have not made a point to see if it is worse Than the average bar table.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Noisy bearings on T2000
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:51:52 AM »
I had a similar issue on my table. After cleaning the rods and bushings I then made a polisher for the bushings. I took a wood dowel and wrapped a strip of cloth on it so that it made good contact with the inside of the bushing when held together in my hand. I then used zinc oxide, a powder used to put the finish polish on gemstones. By wetting the cloth and dipping it in the zinc oxide and then  turn it with an electric drill, it made it easy to polish that roughness out. It really made a difference.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 07:50:23 PM »
Thanks I will try that and see how that helps. Any suggestion on the best place to get Zinc Oxide powder?

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »
I've personally noticed this on new bearings I've put in.

I'm not sure what it is but I guess that it is partially due to the bearings not being worn in very much.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 12:43:45 AM »
Mr, I would guess any lapidary supply site would offer it. I inherited what I have as well as a garage full of rough gem stone material and saws and tumblers. In googling it I see it is used as baby powder so you might try that. It is a soft substance but still crystalline so those properties are why it makes a good finish polish.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:48:53 AM by Old Meister »