Foosball.com Forums

PLATINUM EDITION TABLE

PLATINUM EDITION TABLE
« on: January 30, 2009, 11:09:51 AM »
Hi from Rob,I am in the process of buying a new tornado plainum edition.Is there any build dates or problems with any of the tables like they had with the 3000i..e warped playing field.Any info much appreciated thanks Rob

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: PLATINUM EDITION TABLE
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 12:05:56 PM »
Rob,
what table are you talking about? can you provide a link, I don't know anything about a Platinum edition Tornado

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 01:40:10 PM »
Not sure how to do a link but it is on the tornado web site under coin op table or just search tornado platinum edition foosball table

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »
just paste it in your reply

http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/valley_dynamo/tornado/foosball.html

I don't see it on this site

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:52:25 PM »
scroll down in this section to update kit available and the picture on the front of the manual is the platinum edition.It is the same as the t 3000 but with coin op.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 01:59:26 PM »

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 02:30:07 PM »
that is the new T3000, what I call the full meal deal with all the changes (minus the 1 man goalie which is coming unless something unusal happens)

new men, new bearings, new side strips

supposed to have the warped surface issue taken care of which was an random issue on the late model T2000's however, none of these tables have actually shipped yet that I know of

the only ones in existance are in a bar in TX and the people there say they are the best table Tornado has ever made

the current new ball is the dark red ball introduced for the first time at ITSF Worlds in France earlier in the month but there is a lot of negative feedback on the design so this may change

the rest of it I believe is here to stay unless they improve the rods which I think are the weakness of the table

Tornado had used the Merkel heat-treated rod during most of the Grey Marble runs but quit him because the rod was too expensive and went with an imported heat-treated rod which wasn't as good but was still better than their previous non-heat-treated rods of the past

however, it is my understanding that this current model is not using that rod and so there have been some complaints of some rods bending but it isn't an absolute every table thing

I don't know when this table will be actually avaible, fully assembled as is...right now they still seem to be shipping the latest model T2000 and giving a "kit" to bring it up to the new T3000 level...if this is the case, you are still dealing with some warped tops which are part of the late T2000 runs

if you plan on getting one of the new ones, you will have to do some serious homework and get someone to guarentee that if the surface is warped they will replace the entire table

we have a warped surface late model T2000 in our favorite bar and Tornado agree to replace the surface but that just means shipping a new surface and someone else figuring out how to but it in correctly...I don't think this is acceptable

hope that helps

Offline Yags

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 03:57:38 PM »
They have a T 3000 at the bar I normally go to and I personally have not found anything wrong with it... In fact I will be buying in the near future as I love the way it plays. I dont see any nagatives so far on it. Not sure if this helps, but I love it..

Have a great foosing day

~~Yags~~

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »
Yags,

where do you play?  does this table have the new men with the cross-hatch that goes 3/4 of the way up the face and with a different edge?  Does it have the new clear side-strips?  Does it have the plastic handles?  Does it have the newer Large Logo set on the outside?  Does it have the new thinner split bearings?

if it doesn't have all these things, it is not a T3000

Offline Yags

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 04:13:36 PM »
The one they have is exactly the one that rob is talking about. The one in the picture http://www.vdlp.net/tornado/Platinumtouredition.asp   

~~Yags~~

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 04:18:31 PM »
The dealer I am buying it from assures me this is a platinum edition,so it should be the full meal deal.I hope.

Offline Will17

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 04:35:26 PM »
Make sure it has the clear side strips. It is a huge improvement and it is easy to make sure that it is the t3000 because no other table tornado has ever made had clear side strips.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 04:36:18 PM »
check ii out personally before dropping that kind of coin on the thing because you will be paying premimum if you buy it from a dealer - some of them are either hustling or being hustled so better be safe than sorry

if you can wait you will save some money to buy a tournament used one after Tornado's big tourny in March

on the other hand, if it is the right table, and you have the money, go for it...just check the playing surface to ensure it is level before walking with the table

Yags,
where is the table and you still need to answer the questions...I only say this because there are T2000 with the big logos and score keepers and not the new men, handles, bearings, and especially clear strips

if this table is actually shipping, I would really really like to know about it because this is sort of my thing

Offline Yags

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 05:02:16 PM »
It doesnt have the clear strips. It has wooden handles. I am not sure on the bearings. I honestly didnt look at it that closely. And I'm not sure what your talking about on the men with the cross hatch.. Is that the foot your talking about?

I will say that it plays great and I can back pin and front pin the ball great.. I probably still didnt answer your questions. But I tried :)

Happy Foosing

~~Yags~~

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 05:20:12 PM »
I am in Canada,but the tables you are talking about are the 3000,this is being sold as a coin op which is not a 3000 but probably has the same specs,I do not know if the coin ops are being marketed differently,I guess I will find out I will keep you posted,thanks for your input it is much appreceated.Rob