Foosball.com Forums

PLATINUM EDITION TABLE

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: PLATINUM EDITION TABLE
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 05:49:50 PM »
Yags,
that is for sure NOT a T3000 - that is a T2000 ... not all of them have warped playing surface...I play on one, and am going to play on it tonight, which is warped but I have a friend who has basically the same table, the one you describe, and the surface is not warped and it is great play...nothing wrong with this table as long as the surface isn't warped

the cross-hatch is the on the front of the man...on the old design man, there are grooves on the foot...on the back they go back and forth in a plaid pattern but on the front, it only goes half way up and the other half only has grooves in one direction (the top half)

the new foot is most easily seen by this change of the cross-hatch but it is not the only change...the front edge of the man is different...i wont' bore you with the details right now but trust me, if you have wooden handles and the table is more than a month old, you have a T2000

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 05:51:03 PM »
Rob,

check it closely, see what it is, see what they tell you and what kind of price before you buy and come back and talk to me

have a great weekend

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »
I have a tournament-used T-2000 and it plays fantastic.  No warped surface as it was shipped right after a tournament. It was just set up and maintained for demanding players who certainly know how to complain when things aren't perfect (just read this and other foosball forums for proof of that).  I set it up myself in less than an hour and use it all the time - no problems at all.

I would definitely recommend buying a tourney-used table.  They are cheaper and they have already been set up and adjusted.  As a non-tourney player, I am clearly not as demanding as a top-level competitive player, but this thing is built like a tank and will outlast me. 

My only real change was to knock out the plugs in the serving holes which is really a personal preference from when I played in college and my kids love the idea of serving through the hole instead of placing the ball on their 5-rod.  Why did they change this anyway?  It takes some skill and practice to serve it your 5-rod.

I am getting the upgrade package when it is available because I would like to change out the handles and some other things and the price is right for what you get.

Just my two cents.

Good luck.

ClearScreen

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 12:15:22 PM »
So tornado have not yet released any t 3000 with all the updates,so your saying that they are probably not available platinum edition or not.Tornado show a part number for this table,if I orderd one under this number would I be getting the new table or could it still be an old build.

Offline marty

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 12:49:13 PM »
I think the problem with tornado is they made two many changes in the last 5 years  i think what there saying on these posts is that yes theres  2 type
of t 3000 out there one being put out this last year silver 3 man goalie
new man i think  and the newest   is also silver with clear side strips down the side single man goalie  our three man  red ball  this table has yet to go out  . i never seen eather and could be all wet but if it was me i would wate
untell  later to buy

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 12:53:19 AM »
no, only 1 table has the new man and side strips and that is a T3000...the question is can it be purchased in its completed form

maybe, I am not certain, I do not have that confirmed yet...I will check around and see what I can find out

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 04:07:51 PM »
Latest information,I spoke to Paul the guy who is supplying my table.He said he now knows that the table he sent me is not the latest and greatest so he is shipping it back no cost to me.he did not know that Tornado where advertising a new tour edition table.He contacted Tornado and the newtables will not be shipped untill March.He is going to get it shipped directly to me from Tornado.I cant wait.You guys were right,thanks Rob

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 04:47:01 PM »
if you are buying like this you are paying top dollar which I think is great if you can afford it...however, three things...

first, if you don't mind me asking, how much?  even if you are willing to pay, you shouldn't get ripped off

second, is shipping included, if not how much is that

third, make sure he says he will take the table back if it has a warped surface and not just replace the surface because that is a pain to you for their issue...they should do a quality check before shipping, if they don't, they need to eat shipping both directions
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 05:09:05 PM by bbtuna »

Offline Will17

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 05:31:21 PM »
Hey Rob, i'm in canada too, edmonton to be exact. Where are you located? PM me with details if you want or just post here, i have a fair amount of experience buying tables (having bought 3 myself in the last year) and I have contacts at both valley and there vendor that sells tornado's here in alberta. which company are you going through? Is it important to you to have the t3000, or will the t2000 with all the decals and old handles, 3 man goalie, etc. be good enough? You can always get the upgrade kit later.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 05:50:26 PM »
the upgrade kit is an additional $200 and then you are stuck with 30 men 16 split bearing sets you don't need and you have to change the side strips yourself

I am glad you are there to help but the T2000 verses the T3000 is what most of this thread has been about

stickers and such are nothing, what counts are the bearings, men, and side-strips

and either way, if and when Tornado goes to one man goalie full time on all models, it will be another $40 for the conversion kit

Offline Will17

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 10:31:47 AM »
If you can get a T2000 for $1600 as opposed to a T3000 for $2000 then get the upgrade it would save money and get a table in a guys house quicker, I bought a T2000 when I already knew about the upgrade kit, and to be honest I probably wont even get the upgrade because its not too different. If you are the best on a tornado you are the best on tornado, to me the logo's make as much of a difference as anything else because it makes the table look cool. 1 man goalie 3 man goalie it doesn't change much. the side strips are noticable, but the bearings and men are virtually the same for how it feels.

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 10:37:03 AM »
I am in Regina,I am surprised to hear that they would still be selling modified t 2000.I want the t 3000 but in the coin op version which is the platinum tour edition.Personally I prefere the 3 man goalie so I hope I get that.If the decide on the one man its not a big concern.I am dealing with Gilchrist Vending in Toronto and they have been really good with me.They have been in business a long time and I have dealt with them before,no compaints but I would like to make sure I get the latest table.Price is not the biggest issue but I dont want to get ripped off.Itwould be a rip of If I dont get the table I want.If you have an inside man at Tornado any info would be much appreciated.I have phoned all 3 sales managers but only get an anserwer machine,but this is an interesting topic thanks Rob

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 11:14:26 AM »
rob, PM me the price and delivery charges if you don't want to share them in public

it is important that they treat you right, it is important that you don't pay too much, and it is important they make sure your table doesn't have a warped top in addition to getting the right table and if it does have a warped surface that they agree, BEFORE the sale is made, that they will replace the entire table, not just the surface, if the playing surface isn't completely level

I do not think any table will be shipping as a 1 man any time soon, at best they would send the kit but there is no table designed with ramps built in yet so you shouldn't get that under any circumstances

Offline Will17

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 11:40:56 AM »
PM me your email address and I will send you a couple of contacts.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 02:28:48 PM »
according to the Tornado website, the T3000 is the split top home model and they are calling the coin op version the Platinum Tour Edition but they are the same table minus the coin op

I spoke with Charles McIntosh who is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, distributor of Tornado coin ops in the country and he has been supplying tournament tables for over 20 years

he did not know that Tornado was calling the coin op the Platinum but there is nothing different about the table

he has the new coin op T3000 available right now with all the changes except the clear strips and new handles...he can supply the clear strips with the table but the handles are not yet available but will be soon - so it has the new bearings and men, score markers, stickers etc

a couple of things...he has one or two of these right now and more coming toward the end of the month but none of the T3000 have been used for tournaments yet so he doesn't have any "tournament used" until after the the Maryland State tournament

he will however sell you a brand new one for the same price as a tournament if you want to buy now...shipping to Canada would run $190 to $230ish depending on where in Canada it is going (add $40 if you want residential delivery)

outside of the shipping part, the price on the table is VERY good...shipping isn't bad, he charges exactly what it costs him this is not an area he tries to make money and he has good shipping relationships/deals with carriors because he ships so much

couple of other things...
Pink balls are no longer available only the new redder ones
Clear side strips for those who want them will be around $12 a pair he just got them in and they aren't priced yet, the old strips were $12.50 and the new ones will likely be something less
New men are available
New bearings are sold out but he will have more shortly
and last but for sure not least
charles has Merkel heat-treated 2 and 5 rods available ... no more 3 bars to be found but even if you only replaced your 2 rod on existing tables, that is a big improvement
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:55:03 AM by bbtuna »