Foosball.com Forums

PLATINUM EDITION TABLE

Re: PLATINUM EDITION TABLE
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2009, 11:25:11 AM »
well I got the new handles and clear side strips and a new set of five hour tumbled balls and updated my table.I dont think I will get the new men I am to use to the original men.The table plays great love the new handles.Do you know if teflon bearings are availiable from any dealers.Rob

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2009, 12:57:08 PM »
rob, thats great

the new men won't impact your playing except to make angles and banks a little better...i have played on them and can't tell the difference outside of that....my friend put them on his Grey Mrbl and same thing

not saying you should get them, just saying don't make the reason for not getting them impacting your play negatively...totally seamless impact

on the teflon bearings...the only ones you can get are from Mark Murrell who custom makes them or did...don't know if he makes any with the thinner front profile

if you mean the new tornado bearings with the thinner table side profile, those can impact play and you should for sure get those if you don't do the teflon

i am mixed on how i feel about the teflon because they don't make an improvement with all rods (merkel only if i remember right) and i am not a fan of chaning the play characteristics from what you will get at tournaments unless of course you don't plan on tourneys...if thats the case, go hog wild and just make it the best funnest table ever

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »
I have not got the thinner bearings because the ball does not fit between the man and the side wall.I dont think there is any other advantage on this bearing is there.My rubber bump stops have softened up over use and time but I thought teflon bearings would make it extra slippery as I have merkel rods.

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2009, 11:20:07 AM »
Tuna,can you tell me how I can get in touch with Mark Murrell and find out how much a set of teflon bearings would be and if he still makes them,Thanks Rob.