Foosball.com Forums

roll over - front pin

roll over - front pin
« on: December 29, 2005, 10:36:52 PM »
Hi, i'm learning about the different type of shots, I'be seen some drawing of the front pin and the snake but i can't tell what's the difference. Anybody can help me out?  Thanks in advance ;)

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
Re: roll over - front pin
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 03:58:06 PM »
Hi, i'm learning about the different type of shots, I'be seen some drawing of the front pin and the snake but i can't tell what's the difference. Anybody can help me out?  Thanks in advance ;)

In a front pin, you have the ball pinned in front of the rod.  Then, to shoot to the near side of the goal you pull the ball toward you and swing the rod down around the ball and hit it from behind.

In a snake/rollover, you have the ball pinned in front of the rod.  Then, to shoot to the near side of the goal you pull the ball toward you and swing the rod up, all the way over and around, and hit the ball from behind.  So the man flips over almost (but not quite) 360 degrees before hitting the ball.

The front pin is shot with your hand holding the handle.  For the snake/rollover, you put the inside of your wrist or lower arm on the handle, then basically you roll your arm along the handle and catch it in your hand--start off just shooting the ball straight into the goal, then try to move it.