Foosball.com Forums

Brunswick 2.10 a share from 36.00 in 7 /08

Brunswick 2.10 a share from 36.00 in 7 /08
« on: March 05, 2009, 07:44:37 PM »
Please shelti buy the valley div........

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: Brunswick 2.10 a share from 36.00 in 7 /08
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:02:18 PM »
Please shelti buy the valley div........ 

I bet they'd love to.  But if I remember right, the Sheltis live and work their company as an expatriate family in the Shanghai area of China.   Wouldn't that be tough to take over a business based on our side of the continental shelves?  Or maybe not...

And if Valley continues on back to a single-goal-figure table, then the foostables with wingers arena would be wide wide open.  Might not need to switch or buy out or merge or whatever.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »
i guess this means im not getting my free update kit promised in december?

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:54:11 PM »
Shelti is still based near Bay City, Michigan.
The Shelton family does not own any interest in the present Shelti Company.
Todd Shelton is president of Performance Games Inc.
From what I understand, the Shelti Company pulled all of the overseas manufacturing and all of their foosball table products are made in the U.S. So Shelti is really the only truly American made foosball table at this time.

This information is based on conversations I had with Shelti at the 2008 BCA Tradeshow in Charlotte, NC.
Anyone need a Shelti?
I've got these in stock
4 Foos 100's
6 Foos 200's
1 Foos 315
2 Foos 400's with upgraded rods.

Just PM for price quote.

Also have 4 EuroSoccer tables for sell. We're doing an inventory reduction to open up some warehouse space.

Think I'll start a new thread and list all the tables we're trying to move. ;)

Later,

AC

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 04:06:44 AM »
Thanks for the correction/update, Alan!

Did they retrench??!  The last I heard was their presence at the Shanghai championships.  Was that in 07?  So they are completely out of China or other overseas manufacturing for now ...  I guess they mean to compete on a quality and availability approach.  And they're right near Valley's onetime hometown (they still there?), too?  Maybe they should change their name to Harley-Sheltison or something...

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 05:36:49 AM »
Brian,

From what I was told, they are manufacturing in the U.S. and would phase out of the Asian manufacturing market.
There's an interesting thread by Arthur Mitchell on the foosballboard to the ITSF.
Take a look and see what you think.
We had played with the idea of sanctioning a few ITSF events where there was no prize money awarded and a single elimination format. Since it breaksdown to a points chasing game anyway, we were going make it a free eventsfor points and get the thing out of the way of the focus of our traditional events. We were going to have to appease the points chasers with the ITSF ball and maintain the majority of the players with the corkball which in turn gave us more financial stability in covering payouts, expenses and charitable donations. It really starting taking the fun out of foosball events for us. The decision to stop ITSF sanctioning because of ball issues and withdrawing from USTSF sanctioning until the financial use of Bonzini U.S.A. players fees is discussed was easy. We are still having tournaments, we are still selling tables and we are still having fun with foosball.
I guess this is a highjacked thread. Sorry.

Later,
AC

NC Foosball Open in 2 weeks! :P

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »
I think I heard Mary Moore say that Shelti is made at the same plant as the Fireball.  I beleave she went n to say the Warrior was going to be built there as well.  Ah, theres noting to reduce cost like child slave labor.

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 11:39:30 AM »
from what i  understand the shelti is built at the old valley plant

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »
Not any more.  China unless they move production back here.

Offline Will17

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 02:56:46 PM »
Also have 4 EuroSoccer tables for sell. We're doing an inventory reduction to open up some warehouse space.

Think I'll start a new thread and list all the tables we're trying to move. ;)

hey allan let me know what else you have in stock for tables, i'm interested in this new thread you were mentioning