Foosball.com Forums

bumper goalie question

evanshenk

bumper goalie question
« on: December 27, 2005, 09:54:07 PM »
HEy all - I have a Tornado Cyclone II. I want to play with only one goalie rather than 3, but I am at a loss for how to set the bumpers up. Is there some sort of dummy player I have to buy to hold the bumpers in place where the outside goalies would normally go? Thanks!

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
Re: bumper goalie question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 11:43:58 AM »
HEy all - I have a Tornado Cyclone II. I want to play with only one goalie rather than 3, but I am at a loss for how to set the bumpers up. Is there some sort of dummy player I have to buy to hold the bumpers in place where the outside goalies would normally go? Thanks!

My recommendation is to mount the wingmen upside down if you really want to do this.  Tornado with a 1-man goalie gets a lot of dead balls in the corners because it has no banks, that'd allow you to dig them out (without reaching into the field of play) but still keep the men up out of the way during normal play.

Of course, the ideal solution is to learn how to play with a 3-man goalie.  Once you know how, slop off the third man becomes relatively uncommon.

evanshenk

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 08:52:47 AM »
Thanks for the response. I ended up just mounting the three goalies as intended, and will learn to use the 3-man goalie.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 09:16:12 PM »
Here is a link to the 1-man goalie conversion kit... It was made for the Shelti... but should work fine on Tornado as well...   it comes with 4 bumpers and "4 stop rings" which replace the outside guys on the goalie rod... and the all important "ramps" to keep the ball from getting stuck in the corners.

This kit from the guys at Shelti turned out much better than we expected it would.    Jim