Foosball.com Forums

5 rod obsession

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
5 rod obsession
« on: January 03, 2006, 09:12:28 AM »
Sumner, I am very interested in learning Tony Spredeman's style of incredible fast tic tac 5 bar. This guy amazes me on how precise and controlled he handles the ball, are there any excercises that i should be working on to get this down? Mostly when i do try this i lose the ball (almost always behind my 5 row) any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated....

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
Re: 5 rod obsession
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 01:13:02 PM »
Sumner, I am very interested in learning Tony Spredeman's style of incredible fast tic tac 5 bar. This guy amazes me on how precise and controlled he handles the ball, are there any excercises that i should be working on to get this down? Mostly when i do try this i lose the ball (almost always behind my 5 row) any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated....

Uh, I can't do any kind of fast tic-tac.  But I'd try this:
1. Start with a stationary stick lane and stick wall.  Once that's solid:
2. Set up the ball near the far wall and do a tic-pass (pull the ball toward you _fast_ with the far man and then immediately do a fast stick lane/wall).  Once that's solid:
3. Add a tic-tac; start with the ball where you'd do the stationary pass, tic-tac it once and do the pass.

At the same time that you're working from 1 to 3, work on just doing a fast tic-tac between those far men (without passing).

But like I said, I'm no good a tic-tacs so if you have someone local who can do it I'd ask them.