Foosball.com Forums

Men Direction?

Men Direction?
« on: March 25, 2009, 07:28:32 AM »
Hi. I bought a cheap table to mess around with in my apartment. I had to replace some of the foosball men and when I started to put it together, I realized that I might be putting the men on backwards.

Can you look at this picture and tell me if "A" or "B" should be forward?

Thank you very much!!!

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
Re: Men Direction?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 08:35:47 AM »
Z,

B would be the front, the angle of the front part of the man makes it more horizontal when striking the ball forward. The steeper angle on the back side makes it easier to catch passes. Tornado men have the same type of angle difference when comparing the front and back. I am curious as to what the front and back of the men look like as well - sometimes the striking side of the foot has a deeper pattern.

Good luck..................................Tyler

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 08:46:27 AM »
Thanks Tyler. That means I have them installed correctly!

For the "B" side, When looking at a front view of the foosball men, there is a groove or an indentation that almost resembles feet, starting about 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the man. The groove is about 1/8 on an inch deep.

For the "A" side, there is no grove. 

Thanks again!!!

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:02:06 AM »
Z,

I must say I had a little laugh, picturing you at your computer hoping you had done it correctly, then chuckling at the 2 different possible reactions once someone replied to your post! LOL.

Take care........................................Tyler
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:25:21 AM by Tyler Foos »

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 11:34:36 AM »
never use Tompson's...always use Foos Direct who brings you this forum

first he supplies you the communication tool to get info like this but also he is a fooser who does this for the love of the game (he has a full time job that pays real bills) and 3rd, here you are sure to get all the real deal stuff at close to the best price you can find any of this stuff for

that looks like a Dynamo man?  is that right?  what table is it?

http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 12:00:23 PM »
The table is a Goodtime Novelty.

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 01:57:12 PM »
Tuna,

I've known Jim W. for many years and have nothing but respect for the man. I didn't know him when I went through my 'build my collection' phase a few years before meeting him, so my reference for Thompson's is from my own good dealings.

No dis-respect intended, Jim...................................Tyler

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 04:47:36 PM »
its all good...no big deal, just trying to support the "right" places...Jim is cool with it but I like to encourage people who use this site to support him as much as possible

he has a good selection for the main tables but if you are looking for something unusual you may need to go some place else but I am sure Jim has what commandz needs

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 05:15:08 PM »
Yup, What BBtuna said,,,, Gotta say thanks to Jim. Also, are you sure the b side should be the front? Hey, it just looked wrong if you compared the angled side to Tornado's configuration,,,,
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:52:16 PM by Old Meister »

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »
OM,

Well, the Tornado men on my table have faces on the front side, which is also the side having the curved foot profile. The back part of the foot is pretty much flat. Also, Z mentioned the B side has a grooved pattern like a foot, the A side is smooth. I'm going with the B side as the being the front, but I have no problem being questioned.

Tyler
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:31:01 PM by Tyler Foos »

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »
Tyler, I'm not correcting you as I really don't know but it just seemed to be the other way. It's not wrong to question so as to get clarification,,,, 8)

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 08:55:12 PM »
Z,
B would be the front, the angle of the front part of the man makes it more horizontal when striking the ball forward. The steeper angle on the back side makes it easier to catch passes. Tornado men have the same type of angle difference when comparing the front and back. I am curious as to what the front and back of the men look like as well - sometimes the striking side of the foot has a deeper pattern.
Good luck..................................Tyler

Excuse me?  I have a Tornado man in front of me now, as I prepare to replace a man on the 5bar...  and no... unless people are watching another pic, THE A side, I REPEAT, THE A side is the FRONT of that man.

In other words the front angle of the man is just about perpendicular when the man is pointed straight down!.   If you're matching the generic foot shapes of a Tornado, Warrior or Shelti, then the B side is the back of the figure!  That BACK side is the angled one that allows less angle while still pinning the ball in a heelset or front pin.

Put up a profile picture of a Tornado, Warrior or Shelti player and compare it to the original picture.

IMHO, I think several of you've all realized what the front side was, but thought Tyler was referring to the A side.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:59:57 PM by foozkillah »

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 09:28:58 PM »
Brian,

You may very well be right. The comment by Z that the B side has a texture to it seems to me that that would be the side designed to strike the ball, but I could be wrong. Also, the back side of my Tornado men have more surface area (back foot part is taller) than the front (curved side). The pictured man has a taller foot part on the A side (and with no grooves), and a shorter one on the B side. With those 2 observations, my guess is that B is the front, yet I don't mind your conclusion being different than mine!

Tyler
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:23:55 AM by Tyler Foos »

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »
Hey Tyler, No big deal as long as we help a fellow fooser. 'Killa is a good egg and not one to want to bang on you(other than playing him I reckon). So let's take the high road and just help this guy(command z) out. Actually it is a good puzzle, which way should they go,,,

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 09:58:26 PM »
Friends,

After further review, I change my vote to A side being front - much easier to kick field goals...LOL

Tyler
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:26:59 PM by Tyler Foos »