Foosball.com Forums

looking for people to play foosball in central vermont

Offline ttheo

Re: looking for people to play foosball in central vermont
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »
wow, looks like the vermont site has been busy. I didn't notice that Tara was hitting the wall 3 times. If i see her doing something
illegal I usually call her on it since i know she wants to play in tournaments. Jeff on the other hand doesn't play that often and
to be honest he's not much of a threat up front anyway. Besides i don't think he actually caught any of his illegal passes anyway.
As to Tara picking up on your game she's pretty smart that way (for a girl). When i play goalie for her and i see a hole in the other
goalies defense that she doesn't seem to see I willl tell her and she picks right up on it. By the way if you see me do and illegal pass
or jar etc don't hesitate to let me know. I talked with tara and I think we were going to try to end this thread and move it all to the
burlington thread. you know the thread where you guys were bashing me  :D. I'm going there now to defend myself.   todd
 p.s.  I hope your bother is doing well.

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 07:00:37 AM »
Hello T & T:

I understand that I will only get better if I tell you my weak spot; however, I'm not going to post it on the net for everyone to see.  Back at a friend's house who had a foosball table, we used to play the game this way.  You have four people, and every combination is played and the winner is the one with the most points at the end.  It is a good way to play the position you don't normally play, for example, a goalie plays forward and vice versa.  Take players A, B, C, & D    A & B play C & D   A & B play D & C   B & A play C & D  B & A play D & C   then A & C play B & D and so on till all the combinations have been played, and A & D play B & C, it costs too much at a bar and the interruptions are there, but thats the way we worked it.   See you later on tonight.   

Offline ttheo

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 09:23:25 AM »
That does seem like a good way to play. Its got a little competition with the points so that adds a little bit of stress or pressure. With the rotating teams its never to lopsided for very long.
don't tell me your weak spot I want to try to figure it out by myself. see ya tonight.  todd

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 08:12:33 AM »
Hello T & T:

I like the people at JP's, at first I thought I was getting involved with spinners, but the two of you proved me wrong.  That's good.  So I'll be seeing the two of you tonight. :-)

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 02:59:11 PM »
no recent posts....are people still playing at JP's?  I do recognize todd and mark m  from years gone by.

Luke

Offline tmcc

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 10:19:48 PM »
Just saw your post. We are still playing at JP's on Friday nights. The group has gotten smaller, so there are about 3-5 of us that regularly play. We start around 9:30 or 10:00 usually and play until 2:00 am.

Offline ttheo

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 01:43:01 PM »
luke you old dog, how have you been? are you in the burlington area? If you are you should try to get out on fri and play.
My game is still as weak as its always been.   todd

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 05:30:02 PM »
I am thinking on  8/27  I might be able to get out to JP's if you guys will be there.  I just bought a table(storm ii) off craigslist for the kids(OK that's only half true) and now i am itching to play a competitive game. Besides you probably have not faced an open handed pull shot in years and i am hitting it good.. well against the imaginary opponent who does not move anyway   

-Luke

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 01:31:29 PM »
some other good foos tourney places with periodical 1-day multi-events

Slammers in Bedford NH ,
Trickshots in Clifton Park (Albany NY)
Big City ,Allston Mass http://www.massfoos.com

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »
Anybody have a spot at which to play doubles foos.

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 06:22:43 PM »
A few of us will be playing doubs tonight (around 9:30 or 10) at JPs Pub on main street in Burlington. We play every weekend. JPs has two  tornado tables and you'd definitely be able to get games.

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 03:26:09 PM »
Are people still playing at JP's on friday nights?

Offline ttheo

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »
yep, but we usually alternate between fri and sat. we will be playing this fri (8th).

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 06:30:44 PM »
Cool. I will try to make. It's been a long time Todd.....

Offline ttheo

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 01:43:45 PM »
aw, no fair. You know who I am and I have clue who you could be  :). give me a hint.