Foosball.com Forums

How often do you change wraps

How often do you change wraps
« on: May 18, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »
If you use wraps on a home/practice table how often do you change them? Do tour players use the same wraps for more than one tournament or multiple sets of wraps over the course of a tournament?

Offline EDGEER

Re: How often do you change wraps
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:21:14 PM »
Every time I lose and it is the wraps fault  ;D

Offline Will17

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 09:46:12 PM »
i use new wraps every tournament, and change my table wraps every month or two, at least on my practice side.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:24:59 AM »
I bust out new ones every time I go on tour. As for local tournaments probably once a month. On my table I change my 3 bar wrap probably every few months.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 05:17:05 PM »
Thanks. I've had the same wraps on my home table for 4 months and while they still have a good feel they are getting pretty nasty looking.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 10:00:30 AM »
i use master wraps (thin light blue)..I wrap fat end to tapper end of wrap ending at outside handle end and I wrap so there are "extra" wraps in the dip that are not seen on the surface...when the wrap gets nasty, I take it and wrap going taper to fat end and I get a near brand new wrap

when this gets nasty, I unwrap and do the same routine with the back side...it isn't quite as sticky as the front but after flipping from a nasty front side, it is like having a brand new wrap

if you want to extend the life of each of these cycles, you can take a wet wash cloth while the wrap is still on the handle and scrub like hell and get 90% of the dirt off and "refurb" them

this way you can have good to brand new wraps at home for many months on one wrap

now I handle (excuse the pun) wraps at a tournament a little differently...I don't let them get nearly as dirty before flipping and I don't wash cloth scrub them

my hands sweat more at tournaments then at home so I am flipping them more often to keep giving me a drier side...i have recently started using the rousin from this site and that has helped a lot for sweating but it isn't so hot on how long the wrap stays "fresh"

I like my wraps newer but have learned to live with them less than I prefer because I can't pay for my preference....however, everyone is different...I know people who will use the same wrap for like a year...not my cup of tea but to each their own

you will need to experiment and find what you like best...good luck

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 10:18:53 AM »
i use master wraps (thin light blue)..I wrap fat end to tapper end of wrap ending at outside handle end and I wrap so there are "extra" wraps in the dip that are not seen on the surface...when the wrap gets nasty, I take it and wrap going taper to fat end and I get a near brand new wrap

when this gets nasty, I unwrap and do the same routine with the back side...it isn't quite as sticky as the front but after flipping from a nasty front side, it is like having a brand new wrap

if you want to extend the life of each of these cycles, you can take a wet wash cloth while the wrap is still on the handle and scrub like hell and get 90% of the dirt off and "refurb" them

this way you can have good to brand new wraps at home for many months on one wrap
Appreciate the tips, thanks.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 07:05:07 PM »
I think it's time for a Cleaner-Refurbisher type of spray or liquid for these wraps.  It would be nice to take a sponge or cloth, hit it with the detergent and run the wraps through them once or a couple of times to take off all the human epithelials and various dirt particles that stick and occlude the normally still good surface and get close to the original color and tackiness..

The sad part is that these wraps originated from the tennis and other racquet-sports world, where they were always meant to be throw-aways.   Any cleaner-renewer, like those for baseball and hockey mitts and gloves, would have to be generated from the manufacturers or some enterprising foosers.  Sell it for about $5 or less at tour or superlocals and and I'd buy it.