Foosball.com Forums

T-2000 Update Kit

T-2000 Update Kit
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »
I was told by Tornado on Friday that I will have my update kit on Monday.

Any advice on best way to change out all of the men, handles, etc.?  I have a roll pin punch and they are sending some extra roll pins, but I know I will have to re-use most of the ones on the table.  Is there a sure-fire way to get them out without damaging them?

Also, should I change out the white side strips for the clear plastic side strips?  If so, what's the best way to do this without damaging the surface? What is the best adhesive to use to attach the clear ones?

Thanks, as always,

ClearScreen

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: T-2000 Update Kit
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 07:27:53 AM »
Are you getting the kit straight from valley? I have tried to email Charlie M. about the kit for the last few weeks but he has not replied.

I would change out the handles/ men the same way it's always done. If you really want to baby the table, you could modify a c-clamp and attach a punch to it, so you did not have to hammer on the table. One of the guys in town did that and it works well. (If you want more instructions PM me) I would also change out the strips, they do play differently than the white ones. I know the white ones that I have seen are self adhering, I'm not sure about the new ones.

Bet ED will know much more about your question than I do......

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:22:20 PM »
THanks for the info.  I am getting the kit directly from Valley.  They had some on-line "Reserve YOur Kit" deal in March and I sent them my information (I figured it couldn't hurt).
They E-Mailed on Friday saying it would be here via UPS on Monday.

I am not following you on the C-Clamp thing.  I will send you a PM.

Thanks again,

ClearScreen

Offline marty

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:21:53 AM »
cool let us no how it turns out , i my self changed my five row and 3 row to the new man and switched out the side strip that i got from charles m like the new side strip i,m no pro by any means the new man is ok but i can not see what the big hoop la was all about to me it plays just about the same , would like to no what you pros think of the new man, to me its ok but just have not seen any talk on the new men good our bad  oh ya the new red ball are great to .

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:01:51 AM »
Well, I installed the new bearings and handles last night and put the new red balls into play.  I would have done more, but I got home late from work (damn work interrupting my foosball enjoyment).  I will hopefully switch the men tonight.  I love the new handles - so does my wife.  Very nice feel to them.  The red balls were good also.  I have some yellow Dynamo balls in the rotation and they felt very comparable with the red balls being a little more "bouncy".

Not sure about installing the side strips yet.  How do you get the old ones off without seriously scratching the table?

Finally, we decided not to use the new score markers.  We like the look of the old wooden discs better and I would have to drill some new holes as the new markers are wider than the old markers.  I just don't want to do that for something which, in my opinion, is not a real upgrade.  I guess they are easier to read, but even my 4 year old knows how to count the discs.   Besides, there is just something - be it nostalgia from years of playing straight pool using those types of discs or the tactile sensation of sliding the discs and feeling/hearing them "clack" when a point is scored - that I do not think is worth giving up.

ClearScreen

Offline marty

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »
i just took a knife a carefully pealed one side up then just pulled it up carefuly with the knife i pealed it as i went the glue was like a silacoe it came off fairly easy i had some goo be off our some thing like that and rubbing alchol  for the finel clean up  the new side strips i put on was just 3 m tape cut to fit , from Charles Mcintosh and it seemed  to go on easy a nuff and works good whats the new offisial side strip look like is it a tape to our do you have to glue it down   ( excuse the spelling )

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 09:48:33 PM »
The "Official" strip they sent is also just clear 3m tape, about 1/4 inch wide, cut to fit, with the peel-off adhesive backing.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 04:38:34 PM »
I to have been up dating my older Tornado. The side strips are a performance and visually improvement. The new guy is definitely better traction but I also play on the warrior table, even with used pink T balls the W guys are amazing, talk about cat claws. The 5hr ball is nice but wish it was softer like the dynamo ball. The new handles are nice visually but add no performance and after some uses i have some spots of the thin rubber coming off exposing hard plastic. I use a glove and they there still slick they definitlly need to be wrapped. The new bearings are thumbs up. I have standard commercial rods on the goalie and 5, merkel on 2 and 3.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:34:02 PM by foozitorloozit »

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 12:14:01 AM »
I am also waiting for my kit from charles mackintosh. I e-mailed him today, i'll let you know if he replies.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 08:37:43 AM »
Well, I've changed all the men now and they play fine.  I can't honestly say I notice a big difference.  I thought I'd be able to bank easier, but I have not seen that yet.  I'll just keep practicing until I get the feel for it.

Getting the men off is a big pain in the butt.  On some rods, they slid off easily (after removing the roll pins, of course).  On others, especially the goalie rods, the fit was tight as Hell and I had to use a wooden block and hammer to get the old men off and the new men on.  I did the black goalie rod first and was not even going to bother after that - it took almost an hour.  Silicone did not help at all. 

The next day, I did the black 2 rod in a minute and went basically smoothly from there (a few tight men, but nothing major that I could not twist/muscle off) until I got to the yellow goalie rod.  When I was done, my hands were so raw and blistered that I played one game and took a break for a few days. 

I have only the clear side strips left to replace, which I will hopefully do today.  I also put on all the logos and laminate protection edging which took only a few minutes with a cordless drill and a level.  Again, not using the new score markers(Like the old ones better) or the service hole grommet because I like to serve and that's how I've been playing for 20 years.

ClearScreen

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 08:56:03 PM »
Hey thunder i e-mailed charles tuesday and he didnt e-mail me back. Today i got on my e-mail and suprise!!!!!!!!!! My udate kit is on the way ups. hope you get yours too.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 11:44:24 AM »
Yeah I just installed all my new crap last week. I posted a thread on here abut my thoughts...