Foosball.com Forums

What table should I buy?

Re: What table should I buy?
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »
Table 3 was a blondie in pretty good shape other than bent rods. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »
Table 2 is a great marble 30th anniversary in great shape. One question though, how can I tell if it has merkel rods? I noticed all rods are very thick except one of the goalie rods is thinner walled(bigger hole). The edges are kind of rough cut with a bevel that almost looks like it was done with a file, then chrome plated over. Any thoughts??

For $500 I'd jump all over this grey marble 30th...

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2010, 01:01:16 AM »
the 30th is a great table and well worth it...hard to tell with the Merkels but if its been in a bar and none of the rods are bent they are most likely merkel...most of the 30th had merkels but not all...if the rods are not bent, i would not hesitate to take a 30th for 500 - still a great deal...grab while you can

the metal feet brwn mrbl is at least 20 years old and with bent rods is worth about 200 because rods are 35 each to replace

forget the blond, my least favorite table...not bad, just not my fav...grab the 30th now, now, now!!!!!

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
i will be updating this soon about the 3 big issues with the Tornado T3000 Plat Tour Edition - warped surfaces AGAIN, rods bending quite a bit and after manufacturing heat treatment for 2 rod, and the man too close to the surface launching balls...until ALL 3 of these issues are dealt with, I can not recommend a new Tornado table even for someone who has the money...

i will reserve final judgement until I can get a hold of one but from everything I have read over the last couple years and much recently, I think Fireball will be the best table ever built and if its what I think it is, it will become my number one recommendation...I have to see how it plays compared to Tor and War and what kind of adjustments will need to be made in a person's game if they want to still play those other tournaments - i anticipate the changes to be no more than Tor to War or War to Tor but we will see.  but for the casual player who doesn't care about tournaments, it will be a no-brainer

I am very excited about the Fireball, very smart design but someone who has built thousands and thousands of tables  and the Fireball is nearly 4 years old and he has continued to make improvements that entire time...i am stoked!

here is a great video on the table
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=161Ja6Q7zEY

here are some recent threads worth reading on the table
http://foosballboard.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5741

http://foosballboard.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5891

http://foosballboard.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5846&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

http://foosballboard.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5754

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 02:42:49 PM »
Charles,

I'd have to agree with you, from what I've learned from our Fred "Shanghai" Gower when he returned to China, with his Tornado, got a Fireball from his buddy, Fireball's maker, Dennis, and started touring round China to promote the new ITSF table for China.  Those rods & the goal mouths are insanely impressive.

I hope that Fball makes a monster splash among T players here. Coin-ops, better built than Tornado, and he (Dennis) may go 3-g men after the opinions on FBBoard and other places he's been receiving.  If Fireball goes 3-g, Tornado in bars and venues cross-country, WATCH OUT.  Could be over for them, just like it might be for Warrior's exclusive partnership with IFP.

If Dennis can sell Fireballs, home & coin-op models for prices between the Warrior and the top Tornados... that woudl be the first crack in the ole Valley armor in decades... fighting for venue placement and sales...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 02:47:03 PM by foozkillah »

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2010, 02:49:11 PM »
If not, we can all switch to Stiga Table Hockey... not too different from our Bubble Hockey machines over the years.. but just as fun.  And very similar skills to foosball.

And no dried "loogies" on the bubble to block the view anymore..  ;)

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2010, 09:19:10 AM »
Quick question, I looked at 30th Anniversary Grey Marble Edition yesterday.  It has a couple small chips on one of the goals.  Only the front part of the goal has some very small chips, if that makes sense.  It isn't chipping away in the main part where it would change the size of the goal.  Is this cause for concern?  I ask because that was one of the dealbreakers on page one of this thread. 

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2010, 09:43:27 AM »
Can anyone comment on this...I posted to another subject but haven't had a response.  Thanks for your help!

Re: Interested in buying a Tornado Coin-Op???
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 09:42:31 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: jinhopark on April 22, 2010, 11:53:06 PM
Quote from: bbtuna on April 22, 2010, 03:18:07 PM
all but the last two are asking way too much

The one for $1 in Atlanta sounds interesting...but I doubt he'd take that.  WTF does, "Willing to take trade of cash offers" mean?  Doesn't everyone take trade of cash offers?  Who wouldn't trade for cash?  Now if he said "Willing to take trade for furs, beaver tails, coon-skin caps or something now that would be interesting".

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/bar/1700488439.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in Atlanta and a noob on buying a foosball table.  I want a high quality set that can take abuse from adults and kids alike.  I'm not a foos fanatic (i.e tournament player) but do love the game.  This will be in my basement play room (adults and kids).  I emailed the guy in Atlanta about the one listed on CL.  He said it is in great condition.  ~ 1year old.  No flaws.  Barely used.  He is asking $1,150.  That posting was mid-April I think so he hasn't sold it yet.

What's your opinion on that price for that table?  What price should I try to get?  He said he also has a light kit for $95.  What model is this?

Thanks for your help!

Also, are the Tornado Sport or Classic models any good?

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »
well, if it is what the picture is showing, I guess it is the T3000 but we would have to ask a bunch of questions first to see exactly what table it is and since it is a "fridge" (metal wraped) I would first want to know if it has a warped surface...I would want to know where and when he got it

but it would be quicker just to say "No" because you can buy a new one for $25-$50 more...however, buying New or "tournament used" (which is like new and saves $100) but the current model has a few issues that have not been sorted out far as I have heard so far (see my entries a couple entries above this)

if you want a good table that will stand up under anything you can give it, and you want it now, look for a used Grey Marble...you should be able to pick one up for $400-$700

I think the Fireball will be available in June but until I can review one personally I can't put my final recommendation though I think it will be a great table especially for the situation you are talking about

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2010, 10:52:34 PM »
well, if it is what the picture is showing, I guess it is the T3000 but we would have to ask a bunch of questions first to see exactly what table it is and since it is a "fridge" (metal wraped) I would first want to know if it has a warped surface...I would want to know where and when he got it

but it would be quicker just to say "No" because you can buy a new one for $25-$50 more...however, buying New or "tournament used" (which is like new and saves $100) but the current model has a few issues that have not been sorted out far as I have heard so far (see my entries a couple entries above this)

if you want a good table that will stand up under anything you can give it, and you want it now, look for a used Grey Marble...you should be able to pick one up for $400-$700

I think the Fireball will be available in June but until I can review one personally I can't put my final recommendation though I think it will be a great table especially for the situation you are talking about

How much are the Fireball's going to be going for?
Are the Tornado home versions good or overpriced...Sport?  Classic?

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2010, 01:09:03 AM »
the lower models are crap with Tornado and not worth the money...Fireball says he, Dennis, thinks the coin op will be about $1000

how much are you wanting and willing to spend?  how are you planning on using the table?

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2010, 12:11:13 PM »
FYI - I pulled this quote from the other board from the Fireball guy.

"The first container of tour models for the US will arrive in LA by the end of May. These tables will be used for the tour mostly. Interested buyers can buy from the tour event promoters at a discounted price. More shipments will come in the following months. Once we have a good stock of tables more than to satisfy the tour need, tables will be available for purchase. Please check the website announcement after May for table availability."

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2010, 12:50:54 PM »
It looks like there will be a Fireball tournament in GA later this year.  I believe it is being run by Phil Grable.  I am fairly sure that some of the tables will be for sale after the tournament.  I am not sure what the tables will sell for, but the ones for sale in Florida after the Tournament in June are advertised at $729. 

Very reasonable price for a quality table with only one tournaments worth of play on it.

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2010, 08:31:13 PM »
I spoke to Phil and he will have some Fireball's for sale after that tourney. ~$720/730.  I believe these are not coin op.

He has a brown marble in good condition with several recent upgrades:
New 2& 3 rods (Merkel)
New bearings
New bumpers

He's asking $750.  It's a 1993 model.

Is this a good price?

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »
750 is way too high for a 17 year old table even with some updates...i don't know when he changed the rods so I can't comment for sure about the "Merkel" - the original actual Merkel's made during the Grey Marble time have not been available for several years and the current rods some are calling Merkel are not the same thing AND only the 2 rods have been treated at all

if ALL the bumpers were changed (which isn't likely) it would be $32 and new bearings (does he mean the most recent low profile bearings and are they changed on ALL rods?) if all are changed would be $48

Brwn Mrbls sell between $300-$500...even if it has the old best Merkels and changed all the bumpers and had the new low profile bearings, $550 to $600 would be top top dollar