Foosball.com Forums

Seniors Unite

Seniors Unite
« on: August 10, 2009, 04:17:46 PM »
There will be a get together for all senior players at the Toronado worlds. flyer is at
http://foosballboard.net/of. Even if you cant make it, send us your contact info to seniorfoos@gmail.com. we will put you on a list for some possible exciting news for all senior players. Get the word out to everyone you know whos still loves the game!

Re: Seniors Unite
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 05:25:05 AM »
John,

Thanks for putting this together. I've been working on on a big Reunion II Festival and Tournament myself for some time. The first Reunion in 1986 in Long Beach CA was a big success. I think you and Karen were there.

The Foosball Alumni website and the Reunion Festival site will be up prior to Worlds. The event will be over 10 days in the fall of 2012 with a warmup tournament the week prior to the big event. I know many will say "wow why so far off in the future" but the long lead time is needed to locate an entire generation of players and to do the event justice.

This time around I intend to not only locate the pro'"s from the various past and present American foos table programs but the novices and rookies as well. For they were so big a part of it as well. Their quarters made the pro tour feasable.

Foosball to American players has been bigger to most than high school or even college and the Reunion properly promoted should be awesome. So there will be plenty of time for the old timers to get ready.

I will be there in attendance at the Dallas Worlds with additional information. The event will be a multi- table event with a very creative floating handicap that should keep the old timers in exciting matches for the title.

Anyone at the first Reunion I staged in Long Beach knows what a great time it was. We founded the Hall of Fame there and had a large turnout of Seniors. Seniors team Ben Rivera and Jevat Meha came very close to taking the title in an exciting and very tight match with the eventual champions Larry Chesborough and Ricky Benitez.

I expect a much larger turnout this time as it has been over twenty five years, and for many this may be the last time to meet up and see the old foosers and the Legends ever again.

Johnny Lott
lottjohnny@yahoo.com

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »
If such a tournament ever does happen how much fun would it be if a few TS tables were there?

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 12:23:56 AM »
We plan to have more than just a few ts tables there. In fact we will have an entire museum of all past original condition vintage American tables as well as vintage foriegn tables that influenced American players in the early years.
This will be a multi table event with play on as many as eight different tables, with the bulk of the events on two primary tables - provided by our two main supporting manufacturer/sponsors.
I am very passionate about this event as this will probably be the last time many of these old school players get the chance to see each other and also the last time many new players get to see first hand the greats like Furry, Bednar, Kaiser, Belz, Lori and Karin and many more.

Johnny Lott
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:04:24 PM by lottjohnny »